furnishhockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Sabres' Peters Suspended One Game (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/sabres-peters-suspended-one-game-95184/)

Colt Seavers 03-12-2008 11:47 AM

Sabres' Peters Suspended One Game

TORONTO - Buffalo Sabres' forward Andrew Peters has been suspended for one game, without pay, for an altercation involving New York Rangers player Colton Orr in NHL game #1045 on March 10, the National Hockey League announced today.

The incident occurred at 20:00 of the third period. While on the players’ bench, Peters became involved in a confrontation with Orr on the ice. Peters was assessed a 10-minute misconduct on the play.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Peters will forfeit $2,807.49. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Peters will miss tonight’s game at Pittsburgh.

Philly Fan 27 03-12-2008 11:54 AM

this move was smart. peters wasnt gonna get any more ice time, might as well hit the showers

Tool13 03-12-2008 12:15 PM

Avery would have got 5 games, but oh well.

Sugden Flu 03-12-2008 12:21 PM

What did he do?

Isles4life 03-12-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugden Flu (Post 1299819)
What did he do?

He punched Colton Orr from the bench after Orr through a hit in front of the benches as time expired.

I was hoping he'd get away with a fine, but no surprise here.

Sugden Flu 03-12-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4life (Post 1299837)
He punched Colton Orr from the bench after Orr through a hit in front of the benches as time expired.

Gotcha, thanks. Well, at least Big Andrew showed a little fire in his belly. He's just been going through the motions this year.

bigjack 03-12-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool13 (Post 1299817)
Avery would have got 5 games, but oh well.

I didn't think that Peters should get suspended but big deal. Why do it now? The suspension should be done the next time he plays the Rangers.
My issue is with those referee's the other night. Disgraceful performance. How they didn't have the guts to give him a minor penalty and the Rangers a powerplay to start the overtime is the issue.
They should be docked a games pay for their disgraceful judgement that night. 8 powerplays for Buffalo and 3 powerplays for NY.
I can understand why you'd say that Avery would get 5 games because there sure was a bias against the Rangers that night.
Suspend that officials crew for their horrible performance one game each!

Tool13 03-12-2008 01:11 PM

i agree, they were awful. that goalie interference call was absolutely pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjack (Post 1299852)
I didn't think that Peters should get suspended but big deal. Why do it now? The suspension should be done the next time he plays the Rangers.
My issue is with those referee's the other night. Disgraceful performance. How they didn't have the guts to give him a minor penalty and the Rangers a powerplay to start the overtime is the issue.
They should be docked a games pay for their disgraceful judgement that night. 8 powerplays for Buffalo and 3 powerplays for NY.
I can understand why you'd say that Avery would get 5 games because there sure was a bias against the Rangers that night.
Suspend that officials crew for their horrible performance one game each!

ScottRasner 03-12-2008 01:58 PM

If you watch the fight between the two in the first, you clearly see Peters nudge/push the ref away from him as Carcillo did. Carcillo gets a misconduct and Peters walks....

Sugden Flu 03-12-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottRasner (Post 1299908)
If you watch the fight between the two in the first, you clearly see Peters nudge/push the ref away from him as Carcillo did. Carcillo gets a misconduct and Peters walks....

Thats because Carcillo is italian. The NHL is racist.

ScottRasner 03-12-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugden Flu (Post 1299919)
Thats because Carcillo is italian. The NHL is racist.

Lol, f'n pricks, flu did you see what i was saying though, how he nudged the ref off? Thats rediculous how Carcillo is so watched.

Sugden Flu 03-12-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottRasner (Post 1299948)
Lol, f'n pricks, flu did you see what i was saying though, how he nudged the ref off? Thats rediculous how Carcillo is so watched.

I did catch that, though I think it was a pretty light nudge. Light enough that the ref didn't make a big deal about it. You may be right about Carcillo. I don't see enough Yotes game to comment on that. But, theres no doubt that the NHL keeps a closer eye on some players than others.

BStreetBullies 03-12-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4life (Post 1299837)

Which way was he facing when he threw this punch? ;)

Philo Beddoe 03-12-2008 07:10 PM

laraque must be relieved ;)

PsuNate1977 03-12-2008 07:39 PM

At least he is missing enforcerless Pittsburgh anyways, not like there would be a fight, he probably was a HS anyways.