Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Super All-Star

I hate Torres, and I truly hope that some day, he gets the ass beating he so desperately deserves. But this suspension is just another total load of sh*t from Shanny. I'm so sick of watching these idiots basically promote skating around with your head down, and cutting through the middle, then act surprised when injuries occur. It's to the point where you can't hit a guy that has his head down anymore, because that almost guarantees that you will make contact with the head. Makes no sense.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/QES-Vi...?v=photos&sb=0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cooke-swallows For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-17-2013), havoc00 (05-17-2013), woeisme (05-17-2013)
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Hall of Famer

This is what happens when you take enforcers out of the game. And giving Torres the suspension will help protect him from retaliation from LA, and will help encourage him to further hurt people. Shanahan is the second worst thing to ever happen to the NHL.
The Following User Says Thank You to woeisme For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-22-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Hall of Famer

not even going to watch the explanation but this was a shoulder to shoulder hit. suspension purely based on rep which is such BS.

also this 3-6 game suspension makes no sense, is that even legal? Shanahan should be fired he sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to Orr=God For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-22-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Thats a massive sack of ****

***censored***
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acdcrocksno1 For This Useful Post:
HardHitt3n (05-17-2013), havoc00 (05-17-2013), Humpzilla (05-17-2013), Viper207 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Coach

Such a shame what they're doing to this league. Honestly this doesn't even surprise me anymore. All guys have to do nowadays is skate with their heads down and you can't hit them.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BGDDYKWL For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-22-2013), flex_buff_chest (05-17-2013), frankie515 (05-17-2013), havoc00 (05-17-2013), Humpzilla (05-17-2013), Lindros88 (05-19-2013), Viper207 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

I love hockey and I don't think I could ever abolish it. But Shanahan and Bettman make this sport very hard to watch. Any entertaining aspect left in this game is subject for review by the league. These guys get paid millions dollars. Quite frankly I don't give a **** about the health. I'd get knocked out 4 times in a row in under 20 mins to earn half the salary they get. Man the **** up. I'm not interested in who can play the longest with out getting touched. I want to see a guy go balls to the walls in a war zone. That's what competition is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyersEnforcer For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-17-2013), FurnaceFace (05-17-2013), Humpzilla (05-17-2013), RetardedChimp (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer

YOU CANNOT HIT OPPONENTS IN THE HEAD

Which part of that don't you understand??

They aren't my rules, don't blame me. The game has changed and they don't want players hitting each other in the focking head or from behind because players are getting their brains scrambled.

You just didn't see hits like this 30+ years ago, guys had more respect for each other and that was during the goon it up, golden age of violence in hockey! Sure, there were incidents but nothing like now. Guys weren't running each other from behind or targeting the head all the time, whether it's incidental or not.

Torres has to know that if he charges a guy at 25 mph while his head is down, something BAD is going to happen. But he chooses to keep going, nails Stoll and Stoll gets hurt. What the fock do you expect?

The game isn't the same, it's not that they want to get rid of hitting or even fighting, it's that they want to stop players from getting hurt all the time and it happens every single week, some guy gets a concussion.

That's not me being soft, that's the league being soft and ranting about it isn't going to change a thing. There are way too many injuries now, so much emphasis on concussions, they have to get those Torres type hits out of the game and the only way to do it is to suspend guys and hit them in their wallet so they don't do it again.

If Torres doesn't go after Stoll on that play, are you going to stop watching the game? Jesus christ. Torres has to pick his spots better and so do the rest of the players and the game will be fine, you just won't see guys getting hit in the jaw with a super hard plastic shoulder pad, having their head snap back, and falling to the ice in a pool of blood and piss.

Or is that what some of you really like to watch? Cheapshots? Might want to check yourselves. Fights are great, hard hits are great, cheapshots aren't.

Lastly, keep your god dam heads up and 90% of these don't happen.
hockey doc (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
YOU CANNOT HIT OPPONENTS IN THE HEAD

Which part of that don't you understand??

They aren't my rules, don't blame me. The game has changed and they don't want players hitting each other in the focking head or from behind because players are getting their brains scrambled.

You just didn't see hits like this 30+ years ago, guys had more respect for each other and that was during the goon it up, golden age of violence in hockey! Sure, there were incidents but nothing like now. Guys weren't running each other from behind or targeting the head all the time, whether it's incidental or not.

Torres has to know that if he charges a guy at 25 mph while his head is down, something BAD is going to happen. But he chooses to keep going, nails Stoll and Stoll gets hurt. What the fock do you expect?

The game isn't the same, it's not that they want to get rid of hitting or even fighting, it's that they want to stop players from getting hurt all the time and it happens every single week, some guy gets a concussion.

That's not me being soft, that's the league being soft and ranting about it isn't going to change a thing. There are way too many injuries now, so much emphasis on concussions, they have to get those Torres type hits out of the game and the only way to do it is to suspend guys and hit them in their wallet so they don't do it again.

If Torres doesn't go after Stoll on that play, are you going to stop watching the game? Jesus christ. Torres has to pick his spots better and so do the rest of the players and the game will be fine, you just won't see guys getting hit in the jaw with a super hard plastic shoulder pad, having their head snap back, and falling to the ice in a pool of blood and piss.

Or is that what some of you really like to watch? Cheapshots? Might want to check yourselves. Fights are great, hard hits are great, cheapshots aren't.

Lastly, keep your god dam heads up and 90% of these don't happen.
Here you go. Not only is it the EXACT same time of hi, it's on the greatest player to play the game.

I also think I speak for the rest of the board when I say "thank you" for being the exact type of fan that is ruining the game.

Gretzky hit by McCreary - YouTube
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Clever admin title

MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
hockey doc (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

I am not a torres fan, but this is a BS call. Repeat offender or not, this was not " a targeted headshot" BS call
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Here you go. Not only is it the EXACT same time of hi, it's on the greatest player to play the game.

I also think I speak for the rest of the board when I say "thank you" for being the exact type of fan that is ruining the game.

Gretzky hit by McCreary - YouTube
Try reading my entire post and not cherry picking. I'm not the fan that's ruining the game, I'm the fan that's LEAVING the game because of this sh1t.

Did you answer the question? The rules say you can't hit a guy in the head and Torres hits him in the focking head. What part of that don't you understand?

Mcreary would probably get suspended for that hit on Gretzky, today. It's that simple. I don't think he should but I think Torres should, accident or not.

I am ruining the game? No, dumb ass, I have NOTHING to do with it, I'm just illuminating the terrain in which we are currently deployed, you can't hit guys in the head and the Torres hit is nothing like the Mcreary hit anyway because Torres goes at him from the side while Mcreary hits Gretzky head on so you're talking apples and grapes.

You can't hit guys in the head. At all. Got it?

They aren't my rules, jesus christ. All the whining about it being a clean hit is ridiculous because......BY THE RULES.......IT IS NOT A CLEAN HIT.

Should I draw it in crayon?

PS- Gretzky shoulda kept his head up. Guess what, Mcreary taught him a valuable lesson because I don't think Wayne ever got hit like that again in his career. Maybe Stoll will learn to.

Last edited by mikebflorida; 05-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikebflorida For This Useful Post:
hockey doc (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
Try reading my entire post and not cherry picking. I'm not the fan that's ruining the game, I'm the fan that's LEAVING the game because of this sh1t.

Did you answer the question? The rules say you can't hit a guy in the head and Torres hits him in the focking head. What part of that don't you understand?

Mcreary would probably get suspended for that hit on Gretzky, today. It's that simple. I don't think he should but I think Torres should, accident or not.

I am ruining the game? No, dumb ass, I have NOTHING to do with it, I'm just illuminating the terrain in which we are currently deployed, you can't hit guys in the head and the Torres hit is nothing like the Mcreary hit anyway because Torres goes at him from the side while Mcreary hits Gretzky head on so you're talking apples and grapes.

You can't hit guys in the head. At all. Got it?

They aren't my rules, jesus christ. All the whining about it being a clean hit is ridiculous because......BY THE RULES.......IT IS NOT A CLEAN HIT.

Should I draw it in crayon?

PS- Gretzky shoulda kept his head up. Guess what, Mcreary taught him a valuable lesson because I don't think Wayne ever got hit like that again in his career. Maybe Stoll will learn to.

I'm not going to even respond to you if you can't have reasonable discourse.

The rules are stupid.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Veteran

Wow this is equivalent to stealing candy from a candy store and getting charged with murder wtf! This league is getting outta hand. Just because the guy got injured doesn't automatically make it a suspendable offense
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LGR33 For This Useful Post:
FistofFury (05-22-2013), Viper207 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN*ORBITAL View Post
Joe started playing in the late 90s. He now in his early 30s.

Can you imagine the ****ing retarded quotes we'll be hearing in 10-20 years from now if this **** starts becoming the norm for disciplinary actions?

Accountability & Logic be damned
Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
I'm not going to even respond to you if you can't have reasonable discourse.

The rules are stupid.
You're preaching to the choir bro. I've said the rules are stupid. Many times and maybe you missed that in my posts but you said I was the fan ruining the game which is not reasonable at all.

You also have to understand and accept that not only are the rules stupid but the players are stupid too. They skate with their heads down and then you have jerkoffs like Torres who take opportunities to hit those players with their heads down. A lot of guys do it. I think it's dirty and opportunistic in a bad way because guys are getting hurt.

What is the solution? Guys need to skate with their heads up and the opportunists like Torres need to be held accountable both on the ice and at the league office. He's not being held accountable on the ice and that's what pisses a lot of us off.

With all that being said, if guys skate head up, you'd see far, far fewer of these incidents.

Tags
nhl, raffi torres, san jose sharks, suspension