Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Content Team

Oilers Re-Sign Sam Gagner to Two-Year Extension

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with centre Sam Gagner on a two-year deal.

Gagner, 21, appeared in 68 games last season for the Oilers scoring 15 goals and 26 assists for 41 points.

“Sam is a key part of our organization moving forward,” said Tambellini. “We are looking forward to him taking on a larger role with our club.”

The 5’11”, 191-pound London, Ontario native has three seasons under his belt after having put up 49 points (13G, 36A) in his rookie year, where he was named to the 2008 NHL YoungStars Team in Atlanta. He also scored 41 points (16G, 25A) in his sophomore year.

Gagner has some international experience competing for Team Canada in the 2007 World Junior Championship in Sweden. He played in all six games as the youngest player on the team helping Canada to their third of five straight gold medals. Later that year he played in the 2007 Super Series where he scored 15 points in the eight games and was named Series MVP.

Gagner, who was drafted 6th overall by Edmonton in 2007, has collected 131 points (44G, 87A) in 223 career National Hockey League games.

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 08-30-2010 at 10:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottRasner For This Useful Post:
Godly_goon (08-30-2010)
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Edmonton Oilers and 20-year old forward Sam Gagner have avoided arbitration by agreeing to a two-year, $4.55 million contract. The cap hit is $2.275 million per year
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332115
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Clever admin title

Good resigning at a decent price.

Hopefully, with a healthy lineup around him, and a rejuvenated system, team and coach - Gagner can finally blossom and be the player everyone thinks he can.

Pffftttt, what am I talking about, I hope he has a Shawn Horcoff'esk season next year.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm fine with the price...

He'll likely be worth that over the next two years

It's been fun boys. Thanks for all the fun debates great discussion. Cheers, Matt
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Hall of Famer

What's up with Cogliano? Seems like he could be traded...
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
What's up with Cogliano? Seems like he could be traded...
It sounds liek they're miles apart too, but now that Gagner's signed, it should get the ball rolling and I'd expect Cogliano to be signed by training camp. But looking at the way his point totals have slipped the past three seasons, and I have to wonder what exactly he's asking for that the Oilers aren't willing to meet just yet...next year is going to be a big one for both Gagner and Cogliano...

- The Duke of Wellington after the Battle of Waterloo, June 18, 1815.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Hall of Famer

I guess Cogliano is asking for enough playing time and not for so much money.
With Parjavi, Eberle, Hall coming in, probably playing on the top lines where will Cogliano end up? I don't think he like playing on a defensive checking line too much.
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...