hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Oilers Activate Souray, Assign Roy to Springfield (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/oilers-activate-souray-assign-roy-springfield-88405/)

Thrillhouse 12-11-2007 05:51 PM

Oilers Activate Souray, Assign Roy to Springfield

The Edmonton Oilers have activated Sheldon Souray from the NHL Injured Reserve List and the defenceman will be eligible to return to the lineup for the team’s game at St. Louis tonight.

Souray was placed on the NHL Injured Reserve List on October 24th after suffering a second degree sprain of his left shoulder in the Oilers’ game at Vancouver on October 13th. He missed a total of 25 games (October 18th to December 10th) due to the injury.

Prior to the injury, Souray scored a goal and an assist with nine penalty minutes in six games.

Defenceman Mathieu Roy cleared waivers today and has been assigned to the American Hockey League’s Springfield Falcons.

JKidd 12-11-2007 05:58 PM

Finally the Oilers big investment makes his return...

Damn has that ship sank already, without him.

Snipes19 12-12-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkidd (Post 1189003)
Finally the Oilers big investment makes his return...

Damn has that ship sank already, without him.

I wouldn't go that far.

The Oilers, sitting at 30 points in the West, are only a game or two out of a playoff spot at this moment.

That's hardly a "sinking ship".

I mean, I'm not expecting them to do great this year, but geeze - it's far to early to even say that, jkidd. They are playing decent hockey and are right there competing in the West, so Souray's return will really help them. He has a wicked shot from the point. Good for Edmonton to get him back, because he also adds a physical presence to that "soft" roster that they have...

Colt Seavers 12-12-2007 04:42 PM

I would like to thank Souray for returning-as his PIMS were sorely missed!

WILD BOOGY 12-12-2007 05:04 PM

Since the Oilers are not going to make the playoffs I would like the oilers to start trade talks with the Wild. If I may could I suggest taking Foy, Skoula, and Nummelin in trade for Souray:cool:.

JK, I could only wish:bored:.

JKidd 12-12-2007 05:10 PM

I would...

Read a few articles on the club, you'll see what I mean.

And, its still real early to be completely considered out of a race, but, if you watched an Edmonton game, you can, again, see what I mean.

Plus, they're in one of the toughest (if not the toughest) divisions in all of hockey. Making up ground in the NW is quite an uphill climb on an icy slope.

Snipes19 12-12-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkidd (Post 1190427)
I would...

Read a few articles on the club, you'll see what I mean.

And, its still real early to be completely considered out of a race, but, if you watched an Edmonton game, you can, again, see what I mean.

Plus, they're in one of the toughest (if not the toughest) divisions in all of hockey. Making up ground in the NW is quite an uphill climb on an icy slope.

I don't need to read any articles on them. I know enough - thanks though.

And I've watched quite a few Edmonton games this year. Again - thanks.

You're still completely missing my point, and your argument is stupid.

You said that the ship was "already sinking" - and that's actually not true. So a team 5 points out of first, and 2 games out of the playoff picture is already done for in your opinion? Nice logic there.

I know they're in a tough division, but you're acting like they already have to make up a ton of ground. They could jump up to 2nd place just like that in that division - because all the teams are putting up similar records.

Also funny how their ship is just now sinking according to you when they're 6-3-1 in their last 10. Again, I'm not expecting them to do well (because I am projecting them to finish last in their division), BUT - I think it was dumb to say that right now when the Oilers are actually playing pretty well with the young team that they have - so I'm talking about now. Have YOU watched an Edmonton game?