Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Hall of Famer

I love what he did for us but now Tukka time is in full effect!
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Hall of Famer

cookie monster (02-07-2013), Humpzilla (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
And one could argue he was a large part of the Bruins let down last season. The guy was a huge distraction and acted like a selfish asshole. And that has nothing to do with politics. Then he pulls this **** about wanting to spend time with his family (which I don't buy any of it) in hopes that he can control or dictate what the Bruins do or don't do.

I'll always like and appreciate Thomas for his importance during the cup run. But that doesn't mean I have to like everything he's done since.
Fair enough. I don't want to lump the Bruins let down last season on Thomas though....Sure, guys may not have liked him, he was a distraction...fine.

However that doesn't come into play on the ice. Was his act insufferable? Yeah. Did that adversely effect the Bruins chances of winning? I don't think so.

Last edited by Boston Garden; 02-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
this is wasn't it means for sure...some recalled players are more expensive than others. this move guarantees that they will be ok with calling up a player who may make $200,000 less than the guy being sent down.

also this

Link
WHY would they sign gallant to an NHL contract? they have boulton, carkner, finley, martin... why would they trade for thomas today when theyre already over the cap? its cause players like bailey/okposo are finally going to be traded to the west coast so NYI can keep players that are successful here like aucoin, cizikas, mcdonald...

...also, no ones said anything about nino pulling that crap a few weeks ago and with viz coming back saturday, NYI can dump both of them. it actually opens up a LOT of options for snow. and he WILL do something.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vznyisleszv View Post
WHY would they sign gallant to an NHL contract? they have boulton, carkner, finley, martin... why would they trade for thomas today when theyre already over the cap? its cause players like bailey/okposo are finally going to be traded to the west coast so NYI can keep players that are successful here like aucoin, cizikas, mcdonald...

...also, no ones said anything about nino pulling that crap a few weeks ago and with viz coming back saturday, NYI can dump both of them. it actually opens up a LOT of options for snow. and he WILL do something.
The point is, with TT in the fold they can flip Streit and or Vis and not have to worry about falling under the cap.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to IhateLindros For This Useful Post:
vznyisleszv (02-08-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
News Junkie

did you ever think that maybe, just maybe some other team may have been inquiring about signing gallant and taking him away from bridgeport?? just cause one move is made, doesn't mean conclusions should be jumped too like you are doing.

if you're making seem like such a big deal that they signed gallant? why did the pens sign macintyre again? oh yeah, so he can't hurt them or their prospects in the ahl. simple mathematics there.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Poor Rick DiPietro
You don't cheapshot one of my players like that, it doesn't make any sense. Fight a guy straight up, whoever wins, wins, but at the end of the day respect yourself for being a fair player and a fair fighter.
The Sheriff
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Hall of Famer

I think it's easy of people to Judge Thomas. You ain't ever had the pressure he has.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
did you ever think that maybe, just maybe some other team may have been inquiring about signing gallant and taking him away from bridgeport?? just cause one move is made, doesn't mean conclusions should be jumped too like you are doing.

if you're making seem like such a big deal that they signed gallant? why did the pens sign macintyre again? oh yeah, so he can't hurt them or their prospects in the ahl. simple mathematics there.
They signed Gallant so they can keep him in the system. With his current new contract he will be an RFA next season, so he isn't going anywhere.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Can't believe people don't know what conditional means...
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevens Lindros For This Useful Post:
GaryRobertsFan (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden View Post
Fair enough. I don't want to lump the Bruins let down last season on Thomas though. To me sure guys may not have liked him, he was a distraction...fine.
I'm not trying to say it's all Tim Thomas' fault. Far from it. But I do believe his game along with the entire teams game dropped off after the whole White House ordeal. I remember you linked it to losing to the Canucks after the New Year and maybe there is truth to that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden
However that doesn't come into play on the ice. Was his act insufferable? Yeah. Did that adversely effect the Bruins chances of winning? I don't think so.
I disagree. Something like that can totally effect what happens on the ice because it impacts what happens in the dressing room. I can't name names (not because I choose not to, but because I wasn't given specifics) but more than a couple of players had issues with Thomas stemming back a few years. The White House incident just brought those issues back to the forefront. And it gave the media something to constantly bring up and create a distraction. I think a lot of players resented what Thomas did. Now maybe that didn't directly translate into not performing on the ice but to say it had no impact whatsoever would be wrong, IMO. Either way what's done is done. Like I said I will always appreciate what Thomas did for the Bruins and by no means am I questioning or trying to diminish his importance in the Bruins winning the cup. But I did not like his actions last season and I think Bruins fans have every right to be annoyed with him because of that.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Hall of Famer

This move was made in anticipation of Rick DiPietro getting hurt again.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
I think it's easy of people to Judge Thomas. You ain't ever had the pressure he has.
Sitting on his ass getting fat and spouting his political opinions on facebook?
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevens Lindros For This Useful Post:
Mclaren14 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Lindros View Post
Sitting on his ass getting fat and spouting his political opinions on facebook?
You're 12, you have no idea about anything.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Hall of Famer

I think he'll be the first guy to put money down on a house in Glenn Beck's Libertypendence. Good Riddance.

Tags
boston bruins, new york islanders, tim thomas, trade