dried
Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 06-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitt3n View Post
like i told pollishkid i doubt parise comes to pitt, he made it public he wants to stay a devil. Not sure he would go to a rival. But again like i said money talks
Rivalries don't matter when it comes to money. He's gonna go to whatever team offers him the most money, and now that the pens have the cap space to work with there is a good chance he will end up in Pittsburgh.
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
All of this is BS overblown by the media. Jordan Staal has never publicly stated any of this.
I don't think he ever publicly stated that he wanted out of Pittsburgh, but after turning down a 10 year deal worth 68 million dollars, it's obvious he wanted out. I saw this move coming. Staal doesn't want to play with third liners for the rest of his career, and if he stayed in Pittsburgh he would without a doubt be the third line center, as long as Malkin and Crosby are healthy. I hated to see him go but there are definitley no hard feelings. I wish him the best of luck in Carolina.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Saw this on another message board.

Quote:
Sometimes it makes me sad, though... Jordan being gone. I have to remind myself that some Pterodactyls aren't meant to be caged. Their wingspan is just too wide. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to play them on the third line does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my Gronk.

Get busy signing, or get busy trading... That's goddam right!
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following User Says Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
thepolishkid88 (06-24-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
but the devils may not have the funding to afford him. so he may not be able to stay a devil.

he wants in upwards of $7 million/season and the devils can't afford that.

the wild have the most money and will out bid anybody for him.
Rumor is Pittsburgh is going to try and get him.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Violence View Post
Rivalries don't matter when it comes to money. He's gonna go to whatever team offers him the most money, and now that the pens have the cap space to work with there is a good chance he will end up in Pittsburgh.
we will see. Minny has alot of money to and are willing to outbid everyone. Its all rumors at this point anyways so dont get your hopes up. Pitt doesnt even need forwards they need D

Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Who's going to play wing, Jordan or Eric?
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
Who's going to play wing, Jordan or Eric?
I think during the draft they were saying it was likely that Eric was going to play wing. But they don't have a legit #2 center if they are both on the top line, so who knows what they are gonna do.
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster1 View Post
I think during the draft they were saying it was likely that Eric was going to play wing. But they don't have a legit #2 center if they are both on the top line, so who knows what they are gonna do.
While it's true that we don't have a "legit" #2 center if Jordan takes the #1 spot, Jokinen, Ruutu, and Skinner, played pretty well together last season. That's why there has been a lot of talk of the Staals playing together.

I believe it's all really way to early to be thinking of any of that though.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Pitt has the money to go after Parise and may get him, but that doesn't solve the reason why they were sent home in the first round.

Pitts defense is terrible and soft. They were easily outworked and that needs to be addressed if they want to get another cup.

Tags
brandon sutter, brian dumoulin, carolina hurricanes, jordan staal, pittsburgh penguins