Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsfan19 View Post
Beauchemin to Pitt
...will not happen, unless he takes at least a million bucks less than Scuderi is allegedly being offered, which IMO isn't likely.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KordicNilanRoberge View Post
What is real situation for Kovalev,Koivu and Tanquay? Are these three going out? Or possible signing soon? Or ,what doing Schneider?
Alex Tanguay, Saku Koivu, Tom Kostopoulos, Mathieu Schneider, Mathieu Dandenault, Francis Bouillon and Patrice Brisebois have all been let go and will not be back with the Canadiens next season.

The jury is still out on Kovalev.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Content Team

Eklund is reporting that Saku Koivu will make his decision on a deal with Minnesota in the morning.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Pens still very much in on Scuderi...looks like Scuds may be back according to TIOPS.

Also anyone know anything more on this Kaberle talk?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Eklund has Kovy down to Caps and Habs....This is one time I REALLY HOPE Eklund is wrong.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Eklund has Kovy down to Caps and Habs....This is one time I REALLY HOPE Eklund is wrong.
I don't want Kovy in DC. Let the Habs or someone else have him.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps05 View Post
I don't want Kovy in DC. Let the Habs or someone else have him.
Think about that PP though...Kovy, AO, Semin, Backstrom, and Green.....WOW
Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Think about that PP though...Kovy, AO, Semin, Backstrom, and Green.....WOW
And who's gonna play D on the occasional SH breakaway?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps05 View Post
And who's gonna play D on the occasional SH breakaway?
Well technically if it's a breakaway there's no D anyway.

I think it's a risk you take on the occasion that a short handed 2 on 1 breaks out. Ovechkin has the speed to catch just about anyone, and I've seen him defend those plays well.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuckHogs29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorka85 View Post
Well technically if it's a breakaway there's no D anyway.

I think it's a risk you take on the occasion that a short handed 2 on 1 breaks out. Ovechkin has the speed to catch just about anyone, and I've seen him defend those plays well.
Understood.

I just think there's only so many pucks to go around on a PP. You know Ovechkin and Semin are going to shoot a lot; where's Kovy gonna get his shots from?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsfan19 View Post
here are some more rumors being reported on my other blog site.

Koivu to the Ducks
Beauchemin to Pitt

all on kings fan forum
Now that the Wild signed Havlat there is a bigger chance of him coming to the Ducks

Beauchemin is looking for around 4mil so i dont know if pitt has the salary for that
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauros View Post
Now that the Wild signed Havlat there is a bigger chance of him coming to the Ducks

Beauchemin is looking for around 4mil so i dont know if pitt has the salary for that
Pens are working on that space. I expect to see the pens be very active today. They are awaiting descions by Tank and Scuds. If they leave then they will put the full court press on some of their targets.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs # 1 View Post
Alex Tanguay, Saku Koivu, Tom Kostopoulos, Mathieu Schneider, Mathieu Dandenault, Francis Bouillon and Patrice Brisebois have all been let go and will not be back with the Canadiens next season.

The jury is still out on Kovalev.
Three my favorites out for Canadiens for same time. Koivu,Bouillon and Schneider. Many good players like Tanquay and Kovalev. But realism is Canadiens needed one top6 center for second line or/and Left/Rightwing and maybe one defenceman for free agent market to become the contender. Whos is possible candidate ?
Ian Laperrière #14 -"Toughest Player in the NHL".
Bleu,Blanc et Rouge #4 #9 #5 #33 #31 #30 #8 #55 #53 #11
Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Wow, haven't posted in a while as I pretty much skipped the last 2 rounds of the playoffs and don't feel like I missed a whole lot. Congrats to the Pens and their fans, they earned it.

Lots going on these days. Our very cluster fock, the Tampa Bay Lightning gets the draft pick I wanted, Victor Hedman and then gets a mentor for him in Mathias Ohlund. Good stuff! Then, on top of that they get Matt Walker from the Hawks. Nice!

The Hawks lose Khabibulin, sign the hired gun Marian Hossa to a.......wait for it......12 YEAR contract! WTF? The guy is 30 years old. If he's playing when he's 42, I'll eat my hat.

Pavel Kubina goes to that hotbed of hockey, Atlanta, that must suck, I feel bad for Kubi, he's a great guy and a damn good player who will be lost in purgatory there. He just got married as well and then gets that wonderful news- TRADED TO ATLANTA. Yuck. Oh well, at least Atlanta is a fun town but he won't be raising any cups there anytime soon unless it's a cup of coffee.

Vinny Lecavelier is still with the team and that is surprising to me, I really thought Montreal would do something to get him but that's ok, he's a great player and I like to see players stay with the teams they start with, but that's getting more and more rare.

Sedin's sign for the same amount for 5 or 6 years and $30+ million. Not sure how that is affordable but they are probably worth it and they stay in vancouver which is swell.

Colton Orr to the Leafs is great for Toronto. Marian Gaborik and Brash to the Rangers is a focking joke. One is washed up and the other is injury prone. Wait, they both are washed up and injury prone! Gaborik is a huge risk for huge money, Brash less so, it will be interesting to see if he can come back from an off year and do well in New York. Personally, I would have gone in a different direction.

Those are my thoughts so far. Here's hoping for a fresh season where Detroit gets some toughness(won't happen), the Lightning is no longer the Frightning(might happen) and Hedman actually IS NHL ready(probably) and for all the unstaged, spontaneous fights in the upcoming season. Cheers!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Pens pushing hard to get Fedotenko back....lets just say they are overpaying. Source TIOPS.

Tags
rumors