utterly
Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Content Team

Wings looking to extend Filppula's contract and add Chelios

Red Wings GM Ken Holland and Bill Zito, the agent for Valtteri Filppula, are trying to finalize a long-term contract, reports the Windsor Star.
Filpulla, a restricted free agent, has an Aug. 1 arbitration hearing and the two sides are trying to get a deal done prior to the two-sided examination.

According to the Star, Holland has pitched a two-year offer, but he and Zito are hoping to agree on a long-term deal.

In 78 games with the Red Wings last season, Filppula registered 19 goals and 17 assists for 36 points.

Meanwhile, Holland expects to get veteran defenseman Chris Chelios under contract shortly.
"He wants to comeback and I told him we have a spot for him," Holland told the Star. "We both know the ballpark we're in salary wise."
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps05 View Post
From thefourthperiod.com:

The Tampa Bay Lightning are not finished re-shaping the look of their roster, as the club is trying to trade for a defenseman.
With already approximately $50 million dedicated to next season's payroll, sources tell TFP the Lightning want to stay around $5 million under the cap by the start of 2008-09 campaign.

The Lightning would like to add another defenseman and are speaking with a number of clubs in an attempt to add a reliable rearguard.
They can have Kubina back. haha oh wait they want a reliable one, who is cheap.
Ezekiel 25:17
Old 07-16-2008, 05:03 PM
News Junkie

im waitin on a response to an email i sent to a beat writer for one of the papers in chicago to see how close this is to the truth.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
im waitin on a response to an email i sent to a beat writer for one of the papers in chicago to see how close this is to the truth.
Aren't all the beat writers in Ch-town drunk by now?

All kidding aside, kinda nice to see the Hawks relevant again in the world of hockey. If this happened 3-4 years ago, nobody would have cared.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:18 PM
News Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheAdsFan View Post
Aren't all the beat writers in Ch-town drunk by now?

All kidding aside, kinda nice to see the Hawks relevant again in the world of hockey. If this happened 3-4 years ago, nobody would have cared.
nope just me early last friday to piss you off!!

fully agree with ur second comment. this almost looks like that 3-way trade that brought havlat to chicago. only 1 diff team is involved.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I wrote the Kings organization and threatened Dean Lombardi. After stating I would do horrible things to mr Lombardi if he made this deal, I asked for him to make a statement saying it wasn't true. I still haven't heard anything back from them as well. I also wrote the La Times, they said they would look into the rumor, their sources seem to think it involves o'sully or frolov not kopitar. they made sure in the email it was only a rumor at this time.
With a wealth of disappointment stacking high. On a foundation built on who's to blame. It's leveled when you find the victims. And the perpetrators are one in the same. And I'm standing on the edge of oblivion, Standing on the edge of oblivion. And I'll put my best foot forward, Put my best foot forward. - The Briggs

Last edited by lakingsfan19; 07-16-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
News Junkie

i didnt list kopitar in my email to the beat writer. he is pretty good, he informed me ahead of time that tallon was gonna go after campbell and well he was right. so we'll see.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
i didnt list kopitar in my email to the beat writer. he is pretty good, he informed me ahead of time that tallon was gonna go after campbell and well he was right. so we'll see.
Can't wait to hear what you find out. Keep us posted.
With a wealth of disappointment stacking high. On a foundation built on who's to blame. It's leveled when you find the victims. And the perpetrators are one in the same. And I'm standing on the edge of oblivion, Standing on the edge of oblivion. And I'll put my best foot forward, Put my best foot forward. - The Briggs
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Clever admin title

Why are you guys getting all out of breath over a rumor from the Ottawa Sun?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thrillhouse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
News Junkie

my guy said that he talked to tallon today and said no big trade is in the works with any team and isnt sure where the rumors are comin from. we'll see still.

Last edited by chilly666; 07-16-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
Why are you guys getting all out of breath over a rumor from the Ottawa Sun?
Because we all know how credible the Ottawa Sun is!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Hall of Famer

The Ottawa who? I don't put anything pass the kings these days. Sportsnet was reporting it too, thats were I saw it. I am glad to hear it was a false rumor, I take back all threats against Dean Lombardi.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Kopitar is not Being traded!

The kings organization wrote me back an email. Kopitar is not in any talks to be traded. The article was false. Here is the email sent to me:

"Thanks for your note. We appreciate your passion and support. The reports on this trade are coming out of Ottawa, Canada, and we have a policy that we do not respond to rumors or un-sourced reporting about the Kings. Suffice to say that we have no plans to trade Anze Kopitar to another team and our hope is that Anze remains in a Kings uniform for a long, long time."

Nice to see the Kings get back to me and take the time out to write to a fan. That was first Class.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsfan19 View Post
The kings organization wrote me back an email. Kopitar is not in any talks to be traded. The article was false. Here is the email sent to me:

"Thanks for your note. We appreciate your passion and support. The reports on this trade are coming out of Ottawa, Canada, and we have a policy that we do not respond to rumors or un-sourced reporting about the Kings. Suffice to say that we have no plans to trade Anze Kopitar to another team and our hope is that Anze remains in a Kings uniform for a long, long time."

Nice to see the Kings get back to me and take the time out to write to a fan. That was first Class.
Let it go, no onee cares. These rumors were coming from the Ottawa Sun, which is a horrible source to begin with.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRasner View Post
Let it go, no onee cares. These rumors were coming from the Ottawa Sun, which is a horrible source to begin with.
Scott many people cared, you can kiss my ***. if you don't care don't read it or reply. Dip $hit.

Tags
rumors