Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
I don't know why people bitch at Harry Z. He has dropped the gloves, he's just not very good at it. He also doesn't shy away from contact, he goes looking for it.

There are a lot of other guys to call out.
Ironically was a worse player than Tom Sestito
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Lindros View Post
Ironically was a worse player than Tom Sestito
No argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus091 View Post
You know what, I highly doubt guys like Fedetenko and Knuble are THAT MUCH better at this stage in terms of skating than Derek Mathers is.
Its not just about skating. You have to know the game and where to go in different game situations. Mathers has a couple years in the A to figure that out.

Last edited by chilly; 03-08-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc00 View Post
Harry Z is like Probert compared to those losers Knuble and that homo Wellwood
Before or after he passed away?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't be so quick to say Mather's skating/skills are that terrible. This season in 63 games: 10 goals, 18 assists, (28 points) 125 PIMS (fighting less for multiple reasons, a big one being the stupid 10 fight rule) and he's a PLUS 1.

Last year he had 9 g's 8 a's (17 pts) 177 PIMS and was a MINUS 19.

I'm pretty sure he's not that far off so long as we finally get a coach who's gonna dress a tough guy.
mmafan (03-12-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm all for tanking the rest of the season and clearing house in the summer

***censored***
Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Minor Leaguer

Derek Mathers

I am reading up on Derek Mathers and apparently hes not a useless plug, with a new 10 fight max rule in his league he was forced to play more and apparently hes not bad, hes averaging about a point every other game, is plus 1 and is his teams captain

the guy is widely known as the toughest in the league, hes 6'3 230 at the age of 19 and is just flat out tough, he laughs at the guys he fights and just eats their punches, he could definitely be a heavyweight in the nhl

so with that said and his development as an actual hockey player, this has to be a future enforcer for the flyers, i dont see how he wont when guys like parros, scott, orr, mclaren, all have jobs again and the east is filled with heavyweights again

mark my words, Derek Mathers will be the flyers tough guy and a fan favorite in years to come

Last edited by FlyersPSU; 03-12-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPSU View Post
I am reading up on Derek Mathers and apparently hes not a useless plug, with a new 10 fight max rule in his league he was forced to play more and apparently hes not bad, hes averaging about a point every other game, is plus 1 and is his teams captain

the guy is widely known as the toughest in the league, hes 6'3 230 at the age of 19 and is just flat out tough, he laughs at the guys he fights and just eats their punches, he could definitely be a heavyweight in the nhl

so with that said and his development as an actual hockey player, this has to be a future enforcer for the flyers, i dont see how he wont when guys like parros, scott, orr, mclaren, all have jobs again and the east is filled with heavyweights again

mark my words, Derek Mathers will be the flyers tough guy and a fan favorite in years to come
He should be in the A not sure why he isnt.

Harry Z was actually enjoyable to watch. Rather would have him up than knuble or feds.

Add Luke Schenn to the guys to stay he. He actually plays like he cares.

I wouldnt mind seeing coots and briere for some young talent. B. Schenn looks promising and would rather have him stay then coots

Tags
adirondack phantoms, harry zolnierczyk, philadelphia flyers, re-assigned