hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Evander Kane Out Indefinitely With Concussion (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/evander-kane-out-indefinitely-concussion-169365/)

chilly666 01-21-2012 03:07 PM

Evander Kane Out Indefinitely With Concussion

Quote:

Winnipeg Jets sniper Evander Kane is suffering from concussion-like symptoms and will be lost to the team for the next little while -- maybe longer.

Head coach Claude Noel confirmed Kane’s injury after Saturday morning’s game-day skate in advance of tonight’s game against the Florida Panthers.
Winnipeg Free Press

straka91 01-21-2012 03:14 PM

NHL should just save our time and bench all top 6ers for concussion symptoms. This a joke, I honestly think the NHL is putting the average head ache down for a concussion.

chilly666 01-21-2012 03:52 PM

yeah and if the team lets a player play, they are liable if the symptoms and conditions are known...it's for their own health for later in life.

way to over react.....do you wanna see every star player end up like marc savard who probably won't play again and is still dealing with the effects of one or even sidney crosby who is being looked at by many different types of doctors to see what can be done to subside his symptoms to live a normal life outside of hockey, let alone play again?

Gunslinger 01-21-2012 05:12 PM

F*ck me, not another one pt.2

straka91 01-21-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilly666 (Post 2401904)
yeah and if the team lets a player play, they are liable if the symptoms and conditions are known...it's for their own health for later in life.

way to over react.....do you wanna see every star player end up like marc savard who probably won't play again and is still dealing with the effects of one or even sidney crosby who is being looked at by many different types of doctors to see what can be done to subside his symptoms to live a normal life outside of hockey, let alone play again?

With my request, star players wont have a concussion 100% garanteed, you know, since I said sit the all the top sixers. There goes all of your rant revalence right there. You didnt even read my post since what your up in arms about is clearly (maybe not) solved in one sentece. Glad I can help keep another NHL players mother (cough, cough you) pointless worries squashed.

And im the one overreacting.;)

chilly666 01-21-2012 05:34 PM

actually i did read your post...you're the one who said bench all top six forwards even if healthy which is as asinine as your response to my post.

Leafsnation420 01-21-2012 06:18 PM

I can see why some people are starting to think something is up with some of these concussions. Some of these are "unknown cause" or "thought it was a flu" and they do not know where they came from.

Also some players get hit stay in the game, say after the game they are fine. Then go on to miss the next several months due to "Concussion-like Symptoms". The players may also have something to do with all these concussions. Players used to have the "Someone would take my job in a heartbeat" mentality. Now its about the $$$$. There are still guys that it's killing not being able to play, but many don't care as long as they are paid.

Watch games from 10 years back, it's amazing how soft the players (and fans) have become. Seems like the 3 injury categories are lower body injury, upper body injury & Concussion-like Symptoms.

chilly666 01-21-2012 06:23 PM

so if you were a player with a family, you would keep playing though you could be hindered later on in life to the point of forgetting about your keys in the ignition or not being able to remember the simple things in a daily life??

also this is not the players' choice to be held out...this is the teams' and the leagues' for player safety (screw shanahan and what he calls player safety).

Leafsnation420 01-21-2012 06:30 PM

Yeah they have harsh policies that keep people from playing that's for sure, I was only saying before people would keep their mouth shut about it (if minor), because they knew someone wants their job, I am not saying everyone is lying so please don't take it that way. I wouldn't keep comparing other players concussions to Marc Savard's. He has a terrible concussion that prevents him from everyday normal life, and a lot of the other concussions are just has a headache/"just not feeling it" "concussion-like symptoms".

straka91 01-21-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilly666 (Post 2402005)
actually i did read your post...you're the one who said bench all top six forwards even if healthy which is as asinine as your response to my post.

You were complaining about players life after hockey and I provide a sarcastic solution and now your whining about it. For someone who seems to care (way too much imo) about the players lives you sure are quick to dismiss a fail proof plan that will keep the star players healthy after hockey. That was your main concern in your little rant of yours wasnt it.

An lol would of sufficed instead of a lecture.

Orr4 01-22-2012 05:58 AM

This is the guy I wanted the Bruins to try to pick up before the trade deadline. now I'm not sure he'd be a good investment.

peacemaker 01-22-2012 11:22 AM

He's only 20 years old. If a team were interested in acquiring him, I dont think this will stop them at all.

However what might stop them is the fact that he is an untouchable, or the Jets would likely demand a player like Tyler Seguin in return.