Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors
rapid

Old 11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Clever admin title

Ducks G Giguere asking for trade, or retiring

Quote:
"I'd rather retire than be a backup goalie," Giguere said to the L.A. Daily News. "Something needs to happen. You get a guy like (Hiller) that's going to be a free agent at the end of the year and myself, making the money I'm making, either I'm leaving or he's leaving.

"I want to play; that's when I have fun. Right now, this is not fun."

Giguere is set to earn $13 million over the next two seasons, while the 27-year-old Hiller will make $1.3 million in the final year of his deal.

That means Giguere could be on his way out of Anaheim if general manager Bob Murray decides to make a trade and Giguere is willing to waive his no-trade clause.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297862
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
Gunslinger (11-10-2009)
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

I hear the Wings are looking for a goalie.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Minor Leaguer

Dont think the wings could fit that HUGE CAP HIT into there budget. Not to many teams could possibly take on that Contract. Look for the wings to go after Biron in the next week or so as Dieptro almost back
Old 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
They definitely can not fit in Ciguere's contract. They are looking for a better goaltender at $1.5 Million than Chris Osgood... I really doubt they will be able to find one, but their team is just not financially built for a more expensive goaltender than around $2M per year.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Clever admin title

If Giggy could stop a beach ball, maybe he wouldn't be in this position, and the fight for the starting job at the beginning of the year would have went his way... Stupid cry baby.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
AVALANCHE FAN (11-10-2009), BrianTheAdsFan (11-10-2009), The Crow (11-10-2009), The NJ Devil (11-10-2009), The Woodsman (11-10-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Hall of Famer

I dropped Giguere in the first 10 days of the season and picked up Quick in my pool as my third goaltender...

This just makes me smile

Attitude sucks. Retire. We won't miss you.

It's been fun boys. Thanks for all the fun debates great discussion. Cheers, Matt
Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

The Ducks have given him more than enough chances to be the first goalie but he has not capitilised on it so the Ducks cannot do much more.

Last year Giguere was terrible and Hiller was much better so i dont see why the Ducks should play him when he is that bad, retire or go somewhere else.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Eh.

I can't believe people are saying he has a bad attitude. The guy says he wants to compete. He says he doesn't just wanna sit on the sidelines and collect a pay cheque and people are saying that is a bad attitude? That's ridiculous. I see a goalie that wants to actually play and not ride the pine and people are blasting him for it?

I have more respect for him than anything. He wants to compete and he wants to play. It shows he actually cares about the game.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again. "
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unforgiven For This Useful Post:
Cat Smasher (11-11-2009), grits207 (11-10-2009), Mr-Mustard (11-11-2009), The Crow (11-10-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I can't believe people are saying he has a bad attitude. The guy says he wants to compete. He says he doesn't just wanna sit on the sidelines and collect a pay cheque and people are saying that is a bad attitude? That's ridiculous. I see a goalie that wants to actually play and not ride the pine and people are blasting him for it?

I have more respect for him than anything. He wants to compete and he wants to play. It shows he actually cares about the game.
I dunno, the way I see it is that it's his own damn fault for not taking advantage of one of the numerous opportunities he has been given to succeed. He sounds more like he has a false sense of entitlement due to the money he is making than anything else. If he wants to play, he should shut up and win some games.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

The concept is team. It's really not that hard to grasp.

HE wants to win. Apparently he doesn't want the TEAM to win. There is a massive difference.

It's been fun boys. Thanks for all the fun debates great discussion. Cheers, Matt
Old 11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Super All-Star

He gets paid to sit on bench and watch hockey from the best seat in the house.

Whats he complaining about?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapsFan99 For This Useful Post:
Godly_goon (11-10-2009), NJDevils17 (11-10-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Hall of Famer

hmmm, i'm not sure that he feels entitled to being the #1 goalie, or to start more games. he's actually being logical and saying, i'm making a lot of money with two years left on my contract, the kid is a free agent at the end of the year. its obvious one of us has to go. if Hiller is going to be the starter, trade me!

i also don't see where he says he wants to win in any form. i know its implied he wants to win, who doesn't. but this is being used to criticize(sp) him when he didn't mention it. thats a head scratcher!

the part i personally find to be detrimental is where he says he'd rather retire than be a back-up! WTF! whats so bad about being a back-up goalie in the NHL? that is the part i would be pissed at in the locker room, especially if i'm Hiller! Anaheim needs to get rid of his ass period. his attitude will make the locker room uncomfortable and it may even affect Hiller's play.

just don't trade him to LA! i don't think we need him anyway!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Dont let the door hit you in the ass!!

20$ says if no one wants his sorry ass he signs with the KHL!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
Dont worry Im sure Holland still has Hasek on speed dial.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Unfortunately for him, not too many teams run a 2-goalie rotation any longer.. most teams have one starter and a backup that plays every once in a while.. The islanders can use him...