respectively
Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Owner

Doull, Three Others Assigned to Hershey

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Washington Capitals have assigned forwards Doug Doull, Boyd Gordon, Mike Green, and Boyd Kane to Hershey of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. All four players will be available for Hershey’s game on Wednesday in Bridgeport.

Doull, 31, made his Washington debut on Friday night in Philadelphia, and played last night against Pittsburgh. He has played in 29 games in the AHL this season (26 games for the San Antonio Rampage and three in Hershey). He has one assist and 34 penalty minutes with Hershey this season and has four points and 118 penalty minutes overall.

Gordon, 22, has played 24 games this season for the Capitals. With Hershey, Gordon has 11 goals and 13 assists (24 points) through 34 games and a plus-4 rating.

Green, 20, has appeared in 17 games for the Capitals this season over three recall stints. He scored his first NHL goal Feb. 3 against Toronto. He is third among Hershey rookies with 25 points (five goals, 20 assists) in 39 games this season.

The Capitals initially recalled Kane, 27, Jan. 4, and he has played five games for the Capitals. He recorded an assist on Friday night in Philadelphia. Kane ranks seventh on the team with 34 points (13 goals, 21 assists) in 50 games for Hershey and is second on the team with 135 penalty minutes.
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Well, there goes the only consistently exciting hockey player...
Old 02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Great,now he doesn't have to be afraid of the horrible beating that Donee is gonna give him in the other 99 out of 100 fights that they will have according to all of Brash's homeboys.

They can keep Green.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't this just be for the Olympic break? He'll be back.....hopefully.......
Old 02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Hall of Famer

and that was fun while it lasted. Hopefully they'll call him back up in the near future
Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Hall of Famer

The Olympic break starts tomorrow, I'm not surprised by this move at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see those guys back up after the break.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Super All-Star

Maybe they just sent him down for the break. I really hope they call him back up. I love that guy, he is a great fighter and will always be willing to go. If they dont call him back up when they return on March 2nd, im gonna be really pissed. They play Ottawa when they come back and I want to see Doull-McGrattan.

DOUG DOULL.......DOUG DOULL............DOUG DOULL!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Owner

Yup - this is about the Olympic break, keep these guys playing. Don't read too much into it until NHL play resumes and more roster moves are made.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaFish
Yup - this is about the Olympic break, keep these guys playing. Don't read too much into it until NHL play resumes and more roster moves are made.
I'd have to disagree.

These players were brought up to fill in spots in the Caps lineup that were open because of the injuries that this team has been suffering as of late. I mean, how else would a player like Doug Doull be able to make it onto a club in today's "NEW" NHL? But due to this break in action because of the Olympics, the injured caps players will have time to heal. And thus, we'll never see Doug Doull in the NHL for probably the rest of the year...
Old 02-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro

Doull not good enough for NHL

Lets face it. He just isnt a good fighter. More than willing and definitely fun to watch and good to have in the NHL but he will never be an enforcer in the NHL.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpzilla
I'd have to disagree.

These players were brought up to fill in spots in the Caps lineup that were open because of the injuries that this team has been suffering as of late. I mean, how else would a player like Doug Doull be able to make it onto a club in today's "NEW" NHL? But due to this break in action because of the Olympics, the injured caps players will have time to heal. And thus, we'll never see Doug Doull in the NHL for probably the rest of the year...
Well thats not true, look at Boogaard, Parros, Janssen. Boogaard 6'7, 270 and he is playing in the NEW NHL. Parros, terrible balance and he is 6'5 and not a terrific skater and he is still playing in the NEW NHL. There are a lot of players that are fighters and enforcers, i think the caps need to call him back up when they get back from the break, he is a very entertaining, he gives the team energy, in phily he got in a fight and the caps scored 2 goals after that, and saturday got into it with Roy and listen to the crowd and the teams mates and everyone in washington looks like they like Dougy. Doull actually can skate and he needs to be called up. In my words, i would rather have Doug Doull than a Matt Bradley, Doull will take on anyone, Bradley wont.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Pro

Yes but he isnt a good fighter. Parros, Boogs, Gratts they are good. Doull is not.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourHorsemen
Yes but he isnt a good fighter. Parros, Boogs, Gratts they are good. Doull is not.
You think he isnt a good fighter?, I do, and I think his bouts have a lot of energy and he usually goes t2t and thats what I like about the guy. He may not be the best fighter, but he is a guy you would want to see fight every night.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe2tOe55
Well thats not true, look at Boogaard, Parros, Janssen. Boogaard 6'7, 270 and he is playing in the NEW NHL. Parros, terrible balance and he is 6'5 and not a terrific skater and he is still playing in the NEW NHL. There are a lot of players that are fighters and enforcers, i think the caps need to call him back up when they get back from the break, he is a very entertaining, he gives the team energy, in phily he got in a fight and the caps scored 2 goals after that, and saturday got into it with Roy and listen to the crowd and the teams mates and everyone in washington looks like they like Dougy. Doull actually can skate and he needs to be called up. In my words, i would rather have Doug Doull than a Matt Bradley, Doull will take on anyone, Bradley wont.
He got the crowd into it with his fight against Cairns too.

The Caps with Doull is like the Pens with Cairns; they need someone to protect the kid from getting run every 5 seconds.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Content Team

And I agree with VF among others; this was an Olympic break move to get them some playing time.

Green, Kane, Gordon and Doull were doing well for Washington while they were up.