Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
News Junkie

Devils Sign Reece Scarlett and Damon Severson to Entry-Level Contracts

Newark, NJ – The New Jersey Devils have signed defensemen Reece Scarlett and Damon Severson to entry-level contracts. The announcement was made by Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello. As per club policy, no further terms were disclosed.

Scarlett, 19, joins the Devils’ organization after spending each of the previous three seasons with Swift Current (WHL). Last season, the 6-1, 175-lb. rearguard finished first among Broncos’ defensemen with 40 assists/49 points, while serving as alternate captain. Scarlett’s WHL totals show 16 goals and 67 assists for 83 points and 182 penalty minutes in 209 career appearances. Born March 31, 1993 in Edmonton, Alta., he played in the 2011 CHL Top Prospects Game in Toronto, Ont. Scarlett was selected by New Jersey in the sixth round, 159th overall, of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He will attend his second Devils’ training camp this month.

Severson, 18, will enter his first season with the Devils’ organization. The 6-2, 195-lb. defenseman posted seven goals and 30 assists for 37 points and 80 penalty minutes in 56 regular-season games with Kelowna (WHL) last season. He also added two goals in four playoff contests. Severson has career totals of 11 goals and 43 assists for 54 points and 133 penalty minutes in 125 games over two-plus seasons for the Rockets. Born August 7, 1994 in Brandon, Man., he participated in the 2012 CHL Top Prospects Game in Kelowna, B.C. He also played for Bronze Medal-winning Team Canada at the 2012 IIHF Under-18 World Championship in the Czech Republic. Severson was New Jersey’s second choice, and 60th overall selection in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Last edited by chilly666; 09-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Coach

Reece Scarlett? I guess his parents really wanted a baby girl eh?
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
Viper207 (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
this kid must be tough, b/c his name is as gay as it gets
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
What's wrong with the name Reece? I know two guys with that name and they are both Marines. Everyone calls them RC. As far as Scarlett goes, what do you want the family to change their last names. Both guys are out of the WHL. If they were European we'd hear how big of wussies The Devils are how they are Euro trash. Bruins fan's and Flyers fans always have some BS to say about everything. You guys need to get a Black and Gold vs. Orange and Black site together. That way the rest of the fans could talk about fighting and hockey without every thread turning into a Bruins or Flyers spam fest.
“If all we could do was fight, we wouldn’t be in the league. If I had a choice of being a 30-goal scorer every year or a tough guy, I’d pick tough guy. To ban fighting would be stupid. I liked to fight. I got pissed off getting beat on the scoreboard. If we’re not winning or trying, at least let’s kick the s--- out of them.”- Mike Peluso
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
this kid must be tough, b/c his name is as gay as it gets
Unfortunately he is not.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demodogpack View Post
What's wrong with the name Reece? I know two guys with that name and they are both Marines. Everyone calls them RC. As far as Scarlett goes, what do you want the family to change their last names. Both guys are out of the WHL. If they were European we'd hear how big of wussies The Devils are how they are Euro trash. Bruins fan's and Flyers fans always have some BS to say about everything. You guys need to get a Black and Gold vs. Orange and Black site together. That way the rest of the fans could talk about fighting and hockey without every thread turning into a Bruins or Flyers spam fest.
stop crying b/c your team got a player w a gay name. if his name was jack scarlett or mike scarlett no one would say anything.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Coach

Quote:
So far you're the only one to mention either the Bruins OR the Flyers. Good one.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
acdcrocksno1 (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Veteran

Quote:
So far you're the only one to mention either the Bruins OR the Flyers. Good one.
Wow, you must be the brilliant one out of the crew. Your Fracking names and avatars say and show it. You win scholar of the year for elementary school.
“If all we could do was fight, we wouldn’t be in the league. If I had a choice of being a 30-goal scorer every year or a tough guy, I’d pick tough guy. To ban fighting would be stupid. I liked to fight. I got pissed off getting beat on the scoreboard. If we’re not winning or trying, at least let’s kick the s--- out of them.”- Mike Peluso
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Nope. It's a terrible name.

Tags
damon severson, entry-level contracts, new jersey devils, reece scarlett