Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors
Spencer

Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 PM
News Junkie

Devils Sign Cory Schneider to Seven-Year Contract Extension

Newark, NJ – The New Jersey Devils today signed goaltender Cory Schneider to a multi-year contract extension. The announcement was made by Devils’ President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

Schneider, 28, enters his second season with the Devils after posting a 16-15-12 mark in a career-high 45 games played in 2013-14. He also had three shutouts and a 1.97 goals-against average, which ranked third in the National Hockey League. Schneider was acquired from Vancouver for the ninth-overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft on June 30, 2013. The 6-2, 200-lb. netminder has a career mark of 71-41-20 with 12 shutouts and a 2.12 GAA in 143 games with Vancouver and New Jersey. Along with Roberto Luongo, Schneider won the 2010-11 William M. Jennings Trophy, given to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against.

Schneider also spent parts of three seasons, 2007-2010, with Vancouver’s American Hockey League affiliate in Manitoba. In 2009, he was named the league’s best goaltender, and a member of the First All-Star Team. In addition, he led the league with a 2.04 GAA while playing in that season’s All-Star Game.

The Marblehead, Mass., native has represented the United States at the 2005 and 2006 World Junior Championships and 2007 World Championship. He spent three seasons at Boston College (HE), posting a 66-26-7 mark with 15 shutouts and a 2.09 GAA in 99 games played. He led the Eagles to two Hockey East Championships and two appearances in the NCAA Frozen Four Championship game. While at B.C., Schneider was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team (2005), Hockey East Second All-Star and NCAA East First All-American Teams (2006), while being named to the conference’s All-Academic Team in each of his three seasons. Prior to college, Schneider played for the U.S. National Team Development Program and Philips Andover Academy (Mass.-H.S.).

Last edited by chilly666; 07-09-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
General Manager

Excellent. This guy is a terrific goalie and got burned by having no goal support last year.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils17 View Post
Excellent. This guy is a terrific goalie and got burned by having no goal support last year.
I agree, it will be a shame watching him in the KHL in a couple years.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

42 million for the contract 6 kill AAV

***censored***