Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Not Surprised, What about the Hit Ryan O'Byrne put on i think wideman yesterday(?) within the last 1:20....... suspension ?

0321 00'-05' Celer Silens Mortalis
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukoshi84 View Post
suspension ?
shaud is that you?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Hall of Famer

not surprised, he's a repeat offender . he does lay some kick ass open ice hits. but for such a big dude he fighs like a woman
Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Hall of Famer

honestly, i don't think he meant to elbow him. I think he wanted to get him w/ the shoulder...but Gorges was down lower. I hate Gorges though so i didn't mind him going all Sami Kapanen out there.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Hall of Famer

just saw the clip for the first time. in all honesty, it looks like Gauthier is going in with his elbow high all the way. not sure his intention was to hurt the guy, but he deffinitely had his elbow up high. given his history, he's lucky this was only 5 games.

why didn't anyone from Montreal jump him? surely they must have felt it wasn't a clean hit?
NickDoh (02-03-2009)
Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 AM
All-Star

Didn't look that bad. 5 games is insane. Kid had his head down, and got smoked.
"in the first round we drafted Mike Modano to protect the franchise, in the second round we drafted Link to protect Mike, and in the third round we should've drafted a lawyer to protect Link." Lou Nanne on Link Gaetz
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Super All-Star

what is it with the league suspending players for something they did in the past?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Minor Leaguer

Kaleta dishes out more hits than anyone so theres no need to be crying. anyway..This is cheap as hell though
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKINGSNUT View Post
just saw the clip for the first time. in all honesty, it looks like Gauthier is going in with his elbow high all the way. not sure his intention was to hurt the guy, but he deffinitely had his elbow up high. given his history, he's lucky this was only 5 games.

why didn't anyone from Montreal jump him? surely they must have felt it wasn't a clean hit?
I believe the Habs were on a power play at the time and had the likes of Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Markov on the ice. Once upon a time somebody would have manned up and defended his linemate but not anymore with all these chickensh*t euros and frenchies running around, especially with the all mighty power play.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purely_Purinton View Post
I believe the Habs were on a power play at the time and had the likes of Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Markov on the ice. Once upon a time somebody would have manned up and defended his linemate but not anymore with all these chickensh*t euros and frenchies running around, especially with the all mighty power play.
not almighty, not this season anyways.

the hit is borderline dirty, not sure it warrants 5 though. Pronger's hits to the head in the playoffs a few seasons back were about on par with this one, and all Pronger got was a game each time....
Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Super All-Star

All I gotta say is hockey players are tough! I don't know if I could just get up after a hit like that at those speeds lol. Dude got rocked.

But as far as it being worth 5 games... eh maybe. I can see why they gave him 5 but if they would've gave him 3 it wouldn't have bugged me.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Pro

I think 5 is about right...his elbow was up. If Goat keeps his elbow down that's a clean hit...

What is Georges thinking on this play??? He cuts towards the boads and puts his head down...he was asking to get killed. Stupid play by Georges...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Hall of Famer

definitely an elbow... I also have no problem with it...I also have no problem with the suspension I dont think he intended to elbow i think it just came up because he was overzealous and trying to throw a big hit... and he smoked gorges...

i didnt even know gauthier was in the NHL again...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Super All-Star

french canadian w/ a visor....... need i say more
Old 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post
french canadian w/ a visor....... need i say more

yes, i think you do need to say more. you need to explain why you think a guy born in BRITISH COLUMBIA is a french canadian? idiot.