Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 03-04-2014, 07:52 PM
News Junkie

Coyotes Acquire Martin Erat; Capitals Acquire Rostislav Klesla in Four-Player Trade

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have acquired forwards Martin Erat and John Mitchell from the Washington Capitals in exchange for defenseman Rostislav Klesla, forward Chris Brown and a fourth round draft choice in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

The 32-year-old Erat has registered 1-23-24 and 22 penalty minutes (PIM) in 53 games with the Capitals this season. The 6-foot, 196-pound native of Trebic, Czech Republic has recorded 165-343-508 and 452 PIM in 785 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and the Capitals. Erat was selected by Nashville in the seventh round (191st overall) of the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.

The Coyotes also acquired Mitchell who has posted 3-3-6 and 18 PIM in 20 games with Hershey (AHL) this season. The 27-year-old native from Neenah, Wis., recorded a career-high 10 goals last season with Norfolk (AHL).

In 25 games with the Coyotes this season, Klesla collected 1-3-4 and 24 PIM. Brown appeared in appearing in six games with Phoenix in 2013-14, totaling 17 PIM.

Last edited by chilly; 03-04-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
General Manager

Mitchell was one of my favorite players to watch in junior. Unfortunately he'll probably never make it to the NHL. Especially with the damn Coyotes and their soft ass line up.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Content Team

Brown likely won't see time with the Caps, but that just adds more muscle to an already tough Hershey lineup.

Wellar
Rechlicz
Brown
Latta
Byers
Strachan
Oleksy
Old 03-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Content Team

Dont like seeing Brown go, but with Washington taking Klesla back it evens out money wise.

I do however like the acquisition of Erat. I think he will do well in tipps system much like he did in Nashville with Trotz at the helm
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
Mitchell was one of my favorite players to watch in junior. Unfortunately he'll probably never make it to the NHL. Especially with the damn Coyotes and their soft ass line up.
Turns out John Mitchell was involved in the deal, not Garrett Mitchell as originally reported. Good news for the Caps.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Pro

CAPS05.....Already tough Hershey lineup.....
It's been a long time since I have seen the Bears gets pushed around like they have this year...........
Weller hardly plays 31 games this year....
Rechlicz looks really disinterested this year but of course the Hershey org hasn't shown him the love he deserves (back to back WBS games and he isn't even dressed!!wtf)
Strachan can go but is no threat to anybody for as big as he is
Byers....15 fights but has no real names on his card other than Leblond and he wouldn't have dropped the gloved with him except he got jumped and had no chance.............
Latta....12 fights and has bigger names on his card than Byers
Oleksy..........forget it, he got a diluted NHL IV still going on in him....13 games, 18 minutes..............He is done dropping them........

I live in the area and am a Hershey fan but hell, I don't even try getting tickets for the so called rivalry games anymore!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpiv View Post
CAPS05.....Already tough Hershey lineup.....
It's been a long time since I have seen the Bears gets pushed around like they have this year...........
Weller hardly plays 31 games this year....
Rechlicz looks really disinterested this year but of course the Hershey org hasn't shown him the love he deserves (back to back WBS games and he isn't even dressed!!wtf)
Strachan can go but is no threat to anybody for as big as he is
Byers....15 fights but has no real names on his card other than Leblond and he wouldn't have dropped the gloved with him except he got jumped and had no chance.............
Latta....12 fights and has bigger names on his card than Byers
Oleksy..........forget it, he got a diluted NHL IV still going on in him....13 games, 18 minutes..............He is done dropping them........

I live in the area and am a Hershey fan but hell, I don't even try getting tickets for the so called rivalry games anymore!!
Seeing about 10 Hershey games this year I have to agree with most of what you're saying. On paper the Bears are a tough team but when it comes to the game they play it's a completely different story. I attribute a lot of that to the coach. If he wanted those guys to play tougher he'd be dressing Rechclicz for the games he should be in and he's be coaching the guy to play tougher. That's not happening.

A couple games I was at Rechclicz couldn't buy a fight and a couple of the games I was at he was skating around like a mad chasing the put and trying to get shots on goal. Unfortunately every time Rechcliz had the put and was moving with it the crowd was cheering him loudly. This just seemed to drive him to chase the puck and abandon his physical play.

When Hershey traded Rechcliz back the GM had stated he didn't want the Bears being pushed around the way they were last year. The team is tougher than last year but still doesn't take advantage of their toughness in the right manner. If they played tougher I think a lot more games would go sway their way.

I would expect Oleksy to be gone soon. He played a tough hard hitting physical game and earned the call up to Washington. He started his stint in Washington in a some what tamed down manner of play as what he was doing in Hershey. Then I think he was coached away from playing as physical while up. Now he's gone completely the opposite and plays with no emotion or physical play what so ever. Since coming back to Hershey you don't even realize he's playing half the time unless you look for him.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

I've gone back and forth with some of the Yotes ownership about acquiring Erat. I know a deal has been brewing for months.
Just getting rid of Kelsa and his contract is huge. Brown has a heavy shot but has not shown much when called up. He's not a blue chip prospect.

Yotes win this trade hands down. It's hard to believe the caps gave up forseberg for Erat. Horrible trade for them.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Super All-Star

as if this team needed another pylon defensemen, who at the time of the trade was playing in the AHL.
the trade to acquire Erat made no sense, i'm not surprised that this trade also makes no sense.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post
as if this team needed another pylon defensemen, who at the time of the trade was playing in the AHL.
the trade to acquire Erat made no sense, i'm not surprised that this trade also makes no sense.
Klesla has always been slow and prone to big hits. He's taken a beating and it's shown. He is truly a pylon.

Tags
chris brown, john mitchell, martin erat, phoenix coyotes, rostislav klesla, trade, washington capitals