hockeyfights.com forumsdqebqudqwtuxtrs

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Coyotes Acquire Klesla and Byers (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/coyotes-acquire-klesla-byers-156340/)

Thrillhouse 02-28-2011 12:53 PM

Coyotes Acquire Klesla and Byers

GLENDALE, ARIZONA -- Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today the Coyotes have acquired defenseman Rostislav Klesla (RAHS-tih-slav, KLEHS-luh) and forward Dane Byers from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for forward Scottie Upshall and defenseman Sami Lepisto.

Klesla, 28, has recorded 3-7-10 and 26 penalty minutes (PIM) in 45 games this season for the Blue Jackets. He was fourth among Columbus defensemen in goals (3). In 515 career games, the Novy Jicin, Czech Republic native has recorded (41-92-133) and 508 PIM. Additionally, Klesla has appeared in four playoff games with the Blue Jackets, collecting an assist. Klesla was drafted by Columbus in the first-round (4th overall) in the 2000 Entry Draft.

Byers, 25, has recorded 12-22-34 and 120 penalty minutes (PIM) in 64 games this season with the Hartford Wolf Pack/Connecticut Whale and the Springfield Falcons. Byers has played in six career NHL games with the New York Rangers, posting one goal and 31 PIM. He was originally drafted by the Rangers in the second-round (48th overall) in the 2004 Entry Draft.

chilly 02-28-2011 12:56 PM

interesting deal there...columbus downgrades on D, gets another derek dorsett type of guy (who they don't need really) and trade a top 3 guy.....

thepolishkid88 02-28-2011 12:56 PM

Awesome deal for CBJ. Upshall and Umberger back together again!

R.Middleton 02-28-2011 12:58 PM

Oh snap. Looks like we got a solid defenseman and the coyotes are okay with giving Boedker top 6 minutes.

Lepisto sucks, so no loss there. Upshall is alright, but we need better defense since Jovanovski is out and we can afford to lose a forward since we have promising prospects.

Juha82 02-28-2011 12:59 PM

Phoenix lost this trade though, but i see a sense when Jovocop has been hurted so getting Kiesla to the team.
Kiesla isnt still that enough good player in this exchange as Phoenix lost nice forward Upshall and decent defenseman Lepisto.

powerman 02-28-2011 01:00 PM

Klesla has been hurt a lot lately. He had struggled before his latest injury. I don't mind this trade at all. Good luck Rusty.

ghjkfdhgfd 02-28-2011 01:01 PM

Dane Byers is headed to PHX as well.

dumby 02-28-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghjkfdhgfd (Post 2223575)

San Antonio

chilly 02-28-2011 01:06 PM

technically yes to san antonio but phoenix now has his contract so he's going to phoenix as asdgjhasjdgh;asd said

R.Middleton 02-28-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghjkfdhgfd (Post 2223575)

Nice :). We have some tough forwards in San Antonio (Byers, Hollweg, Kearns, Weston, Neilson and Picard to an extent). A fight fan can only hope one will get the call.

canuck2 02-28-2011 01:07 PM

The coyotes rely to much on Bryz in net. there defense is weaker this year after losing Michalek to free agency.

Lepisto is a disaster on defense. Horrible player.

Scotty is a solid forward. But the yotes needed to upgrade there D. They lead the league in players with over 10 goals. So they have balanced scoring.

Juha82 02-28-2011 01:09 PM

Usually with these all trades isnt a winner.
mostly managers are so so wise that there is no winner.
This trade works to both team but i see Columbus a slight winner.

ScottRasner 02-28-2011 01:10 PM

Cant say I am thrilled. But this gives us a strong shut down type dman that we have lacked with Kurt Sauer shelved.

Scottie was a good guy here in Phoenix, but hes replacable. With the interview with Hulsizer last night it sounds like the ownership stuff will be resolved.

I would bet we make another deal. Boedker can play, as we all have seen, so thats ok, He just doesnt have that physical game Scottie brought. Good trade for both teams.

ghjkfdhgfd 02-28-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumby (Post 2223577)
San Antonio

you get what I mean

canuck2 02-28-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottRasner (Post 2223586)
Cant say I am thrilled. But this gives us a strong shut down type dman that we have lacked with Kurt Sauer shelved.

Scottie was a good guy here in Phoenix, but hes replacable. With the interview with Hulsizer last night it sounds like the ownership stuff will be resolved.

I would bet we make another deal. Boedker can play, as we all have seen, so thats ok, He just doesnt have that physical game Scottie brought. Good trade for both teams.

Scotty Kurt Sauer fuking sucks. He's not in Klesla's class.