Old 07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Super All-Star

Caps, Fehr Come to Terms on Two-Year Deal

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|WSH|home

in case ya'll are wondering, we're trying to keep the core together from last year, the same core that lost in the first round this year, the 2nd the previous, and the first the year before that
caps87 (07-08-2010), ghjkfdhgfd (07-08-2010), Mojo Pockets (07-08-2010), Nightshade88 (07-08-2010)
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post

in case ya'll are wondering, we're trying to keep the core together from last year, the same core that lost in the first round this year, the 2nd the previous, and the first the year before that
I thinks it's our front office core that needs changing, not the player core.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapsFan99 For This Useful Post:
Billy Sherman (07-08-2010), Mojo Pockets (07-08-2010)
Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Having a heaving fat lard ass as a coach who loves one player on you're team doesn't really help you guys out....also not having a fighter.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post

GMGM obviously hasn't gotten the memo that his team is not built to win the the postseason. You can't simply outscore teams in the postseason; EVERY team tightens up defensively, and teams that don't play good defense get exposed. After 3 years of early exits, how he has not figured that out is beyond me.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIsGood View Post
GMGM obviously hasn't gotten the memo that his team is not built to win the the postseason. You can't simply outscore teams in the postseason; EVERY team tightens up defensively, and teams that don't play good defense get exposed. After 3 years of early exits, how he has not figured that out is beyond me.
The one thing I want to see, is how long Ted leonsis can cope with the **** GMGM is feeding out.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
News Junkie

2 years, $4.4 million
Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 PM
All-Star

Not quite as bad as what Schultz suckered them into, but as already mentioned, The front office seems to be busting it's ass to retain their "core" group. The same core group who can't make it out of April.
Billy Sherman (07-09-2010), caps87 (07-08-2010)
Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan99 View Post
I thinks it's our front office core that needs changing, not the player core.
Agreed. Anytime I've ever listened to Bruce Boudreau or GM in an interview, it's a constant "all offense all the time" mentality that doesn't appear as if it's going to change because that's what they believe will eventually work, despite that fact that when it comes to the playoffs, it pretty much doesn't. Listening to GM on NHL live talk about which players they want to keep, as well as hearing Boudreau talk about why he thought Green should win the Norris just made me go "Jesus Christ, is all these guys care about stats and how many points a player can put up?". I don't think a shake-up in their core players is needed as much as a new coach with a new system (and most likely a new GM since he and Boudreau seem to be on exactly the same page in terms of how they want to go about winning, which is try to score 8 bajillion goals). If your players are playing the system exactly the way the guys in charge want them to play it but still make early playoff exits every year, then maybe it's time to get a new system...something I'm not sure their front office gets.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Hall of Famer

This offseason just keeps getting better.
"The season before that, I had a really good camp, had some goals, and still got sent down to the minors. I needed to figure out a way to make the opening night roster. And talking to a good friend of mine, he said 'You've got to fight.' He said, 'If you don't do it, someone else will,' and I kind of stick by that motto now."

-Matt Hendricks

Tags
eric fehr, washington capitals