hockeyfights.com forums
qfzddeaafbrsyr

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Player Movement & Rumors (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Capitals Acquire Joel Rechlicz from Coyotes for Matt Clackson (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f15/capitals-acquire-joel-rechlicz-coyotes-matt-clackson-184870/)

Svyatoslav 04-02-2013 12:45 PM

Capitals Acquire Joel Rechlicz from Coyotes for Matt Clackson

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have acquired forward Joel Rechlicz from Phoenix in exchange for forward Matt Clackson, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Rechlicz will report to Hershey.

Rechlicz, 25, has posted 149 penalty minutes in 36 games with Portland of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season, leading the team and ranking 15th in the league in that category among active AHL players this season. He made his Capitals debut on Jan. 31, 2012 versus the Lightning in Tampa Bay and played in three NHL games with Washington last season, recording 10 penalty minutes.

The Brookfield, Wisconsin, native has played in 26 NHL games with Washington and the New York Islanders, collecting one assist and 105 penalty minutes. In 158 career AHL games with Albany, Bridgeport, Hershey and Portland, Rechlicz has compiled two goals, two assists and 794 penalty minutes. The 6’4”, 220-pound forward originally signed with the New York Islanders on May 6, 2008.

Clackson recorded one goal, two assists and 36 penalty minutes in 19 games with Hershey this season.

Flyers2001 04-02-2013 12:52 PM

I wonder if Washington has the slightest plans to have him dress ever.

chilly 04-02-2013 01:21 PM

Rechlicz is going straight to Hershey

slashtrey 04-02-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilly666 (Post 2596109)
Rechlicz is going straight to Hershey

I'll be shocked if he ever gets up to Washington

StrangeRanger 04-02-2013 01:39 PM

Terrible news. I enjoyed going to Pirates games after work to have a couple beers and watch Rechlicz drop the mitts. Aside from him, they don't have much for exciting fighters.

RetardedChimp 04-02-2013 01:51 PM

Similar players with one being a better fighter and the other being a slightly better player. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt Rechlicz sees time in Washington.

4thLineGoon 04-02-2013 02:09 PM

Per Tim Leone:

Quote:

The deal was formally done between the Phoenix Coyotes and Washington Capitals. Rechlicz will report to Hershey and Clackson will report to the Portland Pirates.

“It brings energy, enthusiasm and excitement to our hockey club," Bears President-GM Doug Yingst said. "We look forward to seeing him tomorrow.”
Rechlicz (1-1-2 in 44 games) led Hershey in penalty minutes last season (267). He has 149 penalty minutes in 36 games with Portland this season.

Clackson produced 1-2-3 and 36 penalty minutes in 19 games with Hershey.
Both have been used sparingly all year, hope that changes.

Humpzilla 04-02-2013 02:17 PM

Wrecker better hope that he gets traded within the next 12 months....

NewNHLHater 04-02-2013 03:36 PM

Rechlicz was a huge fan favorite when he was here in Hershey. Last year Washington signed him to a two way contract late in the season and I think he played one or two games. I have a feeling they knew he wasn't going to see ice time in Washinton this year so they traded him away for a shot somewhere else. After they traded him away they brought Clackson in but used him very sparingly. The Bears don't really fight much this year and are terribly boring to watch. Maybe they're thinking rechlicz will bring some spark to their lifeless team.

I just posted in the AHL last Saturday that the Bears are barely fighting right now (for an AHL club). Sinc Dec 19th they've played 39 games and only had 19 fights. Rechlicz had some 3 fight games when he played for us. Unfortunately the rest of the home games for Hershey are sold out.

On a side note the Bears could ice an ECHL game and still fill the Giant center to capacity on around 10,500. I honestly think this market could fill a 13,000 seat arena regularly.

Phillyfan11 04-02-2013 03:54 PM

I hope Clacker signs with someone next year who will play him. It's embarassing how Recker gets dressed regularly for two years in Hershey and Clackson barely dresses when CLackson skates/hits/plays better. I felt back for him.

Hershey fans must be Euphoric, but what the heck is Yingst smoking when he's letting his coach (Same coach as past few seasons) dress a soft team every night? This move is dumb and pointless if you ask me.

NewNHLHater 04-02-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillyfan11 (Post 2596214)
I hope Clacker signs with someone next year who will play him. It's embarassing how Recker gets dressed regularly for two years in Hershey and Clackson barely dresses when CLackson skates/hits/plays better. I felt back for him.

Hershey fans must be Euphoric, but what the heck is Yingst smoking when he's letting his coach (Same coach as past few seasons) dress a soft team every night? This move is dumb and pointless if you ask me.

I always wondered if Clackson just didn't get along with the coach. The team is pathetically soft this year and has zero energy. They could have used Clackson to generate some energy and provide some muscle. i probably went to 8 or 10 games this year and think I saw Clackson play once. I didn't go to more games than that because they were just lifeless to watch.

I'm sure the coach is partially to blame for the team being so weak but I think we have to look further for the true culprit. I believe it comes from the top with George McPhee. Hard to believe after the type of career he had but the Caps play the same way Hershey does.

FurnaceFace 04-02-2013 07:49 PM

and he's back. full circle for joel hopfully he plays and sticks around this time. good guy. good trade on both ends.

Stevens Lindros 04-02-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpzilla (Post 2596158)
Wrecker better hope that he gets traded within the next 12 months....

Contract is up in June, but yeah the Hershey-Capitals organization seems an unlikely step to the NHL for him.

Gtrain15 04-02-2013 08:10 PM

Will Phx play the Wrecker?

Canuck22 04-02-2013 08:12 PM

Hope they both get some NHL playing time.