Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Clever admin title

Blues Place Brewer on IR; Recall Micki DuPont

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced today the club has recalled defenseman Micki DuPont from the Blues’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Peoria Rivermen. In addition, defenseman Eric Brewer has been placed on the injured reserve list after suffering a shoulder injury in last night’s game in Phoenix. He will be examined by Dr. Rick Wright on Monday.

DuPont, 27, skated in two games with the Blues during the preseason. He played the majority of last season with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League, appearing in 78 games, recording 51 points (18 goals, 33 assists) along with 101 penalty minutes. He was tied for the AHL lead among blueliners with 16 goals and was second with 46 points and for his efforts earned AHL All-First team honors. DuPont also played in three games with Pittsburgh, notching an assist and four penalty minutes.

DuPont played three seasons with the Berlin Polar Bears in Germany from 2003-2006 and led all defenseman in scoring in each of those three seasons. The 5-10, 181-pound defenseman was drafted by Calgary in the ninth round, 270th overall in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft and spent three seasons in the Flames’ organization between Calgary and Saint John.

The Calgary, Alberta native has skated in 21 NHL games, registering four points (one goal, three assists) and 10 penalty minutes.
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Super All-Star

Was this from the bout with Boynton or did it happen after?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Clever admin title

First Jay McKee and now Eric Brewer... this teams blue line cant stay healthy for its life.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Coach

What should have been a nasty blueline is getting banged up early. I'm curious if this was from his scrap.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Yeah, this is from the Boynton fight. Brewer was fine all game, but after the fight he went to the locker room and didn't return. I was wondering if he had gotten hurt, and he did.

Reports say that this is likely a "day-to-day" injury - not too serious - which is good news.

But yeah, our blue line can't stay healthy. McKee goes down, and now Brewer. After all the talk about trading one of our defenseman for a forward this offseason because of our great depth at 'D' - I am glad we didn't. Injuries WILL happen, and the Blues have had a lot of trouble with that in the past, so we need as much depth as we can get. Note to John Davidson and Larry Pleau: Don't trade any defensemen in the near future. We need all of them.

We will now have Steve Wagner and Micki Dupont starting - two guys who we signed in the offseason to play in the AHL, and just like that - after two injuries - they are both starting in the NHL. Shows you anything can happen. Matt Walker will remain the #7 defenseman.

Hopefully Brewer gets back soon. We can't afford anymore injuries, and we need him on the point. At least his injury isn't too bad.

"Boom, roasted."

Formerly Wes McSnipes
Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
All-Star

I think it was from the fight, I don't remember Brewer taking another shift after the fight and afterwards went straight to the lockeroom instead of the box. All this means is that Walker will play now. I would rather he go down defending a teammate then any other way.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:44 AM
Hall of Famer

DuPont isn't that bad of an player, he was very good over here. He is maybe too weak to score in the NHL, but he is fast, you never know, he has a lot of potenzial.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Hall of Famer

I just hope Murray does'nt take this the wrong way and advise the Blues to not drop the gloves. J.D. was happy to see Brewer stick up for his partner. These things are bound to happen from time to time. At least Walker should see some ice time now.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Minor Leaguer

I was at the game, and yes, it was from the fight. My line of site was about the same the view from the clip. It was hard to see just when he got hurt, but but when Boynton got up, Brewer didn't. In fact he stayed down for about 30 seconds and then went streight to the locker room.