Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > Player Movement & Rumors

Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
News Junkie

Blue Jackets Sign Josh Anderson to Entry-Level Contract

COLUMBUS, OHIO --- The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Josh Anderson to a three-year, entry-level contract, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.

Anderson, 19, appeared in one preseason game with the Blue Jackets this year, recording one assist, one hit and one blocked shot in 14:04 of playing time vs. Buffalo on September 17.* He was assigned to the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights on September 18.

Columbus’ fourth pick, 95th overall, at the 2012 NHL Draft, Anderson has tallied 42-44-86 with 148 penalty minutes and a cumulative +32 plus/minus rating in 148 career OHL games with London.* He ranks third on the club in scoring this season with 7-8-15, 37 penalty minutes and a +5 plus/minus rating in 16 games and leads the Knights with five power play goals.

A native of Burlington, Ontario, Anderson has won the J. Ross Robertson Cup as OHL champs with London in each of the past two seasons. The 6-3, 207-pound forward has tallied 1-1-2 in seven career Memorial Cup appearances with the Knights. London will participate in the Canadian Hockey League’s championship tournament for a third-straight year in 2014 as the franchise/city will serve as event hosts.
fansince65 (11-05-2013)
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
COLUMBUS, OHIO --- The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Josh Anderson to a three-year, entry-level contract, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.

Anderson, 19, appeared in one preseason game with the Blue Jackets this year, recording one assist, one hit and one blocked shot in 14:04 of playing time vs. Buffalo on September 17.* He was assigned to the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights on September 18.

Columbus’ fourth pick, 95th overall, at the 2012 NHL Draft, Anderson has tallied 42-44-86 with 148 penalty minutes and a cumulative +32 plus/minus rating in 148 career OHL games with London.* He ranks third on the club in scoring this season with 7-8-15, 37 penalty minutes and a +5 plus/minus rating in 16 games and leads the Knights with five power play goals.

A native of Burlington, Ontario, Anderson has won the J. Ross Robertson Cup as OHL champs with London in each of the past two seasons. The 6-3, 207-pound forward has tallied 1-1-2 in seven career Memorial Cup appearances with the Knights. London will participate in the Canadian Hockey League’s championship tournament for a third-straight year in 2014 as the franchise/city will serve as event hosts.
Josh is one of the players we like to refer to as never takeing a shift off , he gives his all every shift , this season he has come back from camp and is playing like he wants to move to the next level real bad , he is not shy either , he will drop the gloves with anyone .
Wish him all the best when he reports next season , dont be surprised if he cracks the Jackets lineup next season , he is that kind of player that works his ass off for every thing he gets , never takes things for granted , players that do that always succeed ..

George Gross : At L.A. Kings/Toronto Game In 1970 ...
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince65 For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (11-06-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince65 View Post
Josh is one of the players we like to refer to as never takeing a shift off , he gives his all every shift , this season he has come back from camp and is playing like he wants to move to the next level real bad , he is not shy either , he will drop the gloves with anyone .
Wish him all the best when he reports next season , dont be surprised if he cracks the Jackets lineup next season , he is that kind of player that works his ass off for every thing he gets , never takes things for granted , players that do that always succeed ..
Isn't this your review of pretty much every player that comes out of London lol.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_am_Belak_2 For This Useful Post:
chilly666 (11-05-2013), fansince65 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Belak_2 View Post
Isn't this your review of pretty much every player that comes out of London lol.
Not in this case , Josh is a special kind of kid , he was never drafted , was an invitee to training camp and made the team , he has improved his game every year by hard work 12 months of the year , that work ethic is what will get him into the NHL ..

Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 AM
News Junkie

it is the case...you've said the same thing about every other knights player. so what that he has a feel good story, it doesn't mean he's gonna make an nhl team as a rookie. you gargle about every london knights player in almost every post saying they're gonna be in the nhl as a rookie or a star in the nhl.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
it is the case...you've said the same thing about every other knights player. so what that he has a feel good story, it doesn't mean he's gonna make an nhl team as a rookie. you gargle about every london knights player in almost every post saying they're gonna be in the nhl as a rookie or a star in the nhl.
I know what I'd rather have his optimism or you're dim condescending post.

I'll give you a hint. It's not your posts.

***censored***
The Following User Says Thank You to acdcrocksno1 For This Useful Post:
fansince65 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince65 View Post
The Jackets could really use a guy like this. Until last night Dubinsky and Boll are really the only guys playing with emotion every night.
fansince65 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Super All-Star

I would be shocked if he didn't spend at least a couple of seasons in the American league. I like him though.

And in fairness to fansince, I do recall him not having many good things to say about Kadri and we all know how that's worked out
fansince65 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dougler View Post
I would be shocked if he didn't spend at least a couple of seasons in the American league. I like him though.

And in fairness to fansince, I do recall him not having many good things to say about Kadri and we all know how that's worked out
I didn't have many good things to say about John Tavares either but look at him now , some players just dont turn my crank while in junior with their flashy play , I am not a fan of Max Domi right now , his play since coming back from camp has been a disaster , players like Josh that have to work at their game every day are the players I like , and you are probably right , he will have to tune up his pro game in the AHL ..

The Following User Says Thank You to fansince65 For This Useful Post:
The Dougler (11-06-2013)

Tags
columbus blue jackets, entry-level contract, josh anderson