Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Clever admin title

Blackhawks Sign Dowell, Sawyer

Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the Blackhawks have signed center Jacob Dowell and free agent defenseman Jean-Claude Sawyer.

Dowell, 22, 60, 202 lbs., native of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, split last season between the University of Wisconsin and Norfolk of the American Hockey League. In his senior season at UW, he appeared in 41 games scoring 19 goals and six assists for 25 points and 54 penalty minutes and a plus/minus rating of +7.

Dowell signed an Amatuer Tryout contract with Norfolk after the NCAA season concluded. He played in nine regular season games with the Admirals scoring two goals and three assists for five points and eight assists. Dowell played in six playoff games for Norfolk recording three assists and four penalty minutes and a plus/minus rating of +1.

In four seasons at the University of Wisconsin, Dowell appeared in 151 games, recording 41 goals and 48 assists for 89 points and 212 penalty minutes. He was a member of the 2006 NCAA Championship team and played for Team USA at the 2005 World Junior U-20 tournament. Dowell was selected by the Blackhawks in the 5th round, 140th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Sawyer, 20, 63, 194 lbs. native of Saint John, New Brunswick, played for Cape Breton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League last season. He appeared in 68 games recording 15 goals and 62 assists for 77 points and 87 penalty minutes. He also appeared in 16 playoff games scoring three goals and 16 assists for 19 points and six penalty minutes.

Sawyer played five season for Cape Breton (QMJHL) appearing 282 games while scoring 45 goals and 140 assists for 185 points and 340 penalty minutes. He also played in 35 career playoff games for Cape Breton recording nine goals and 18 assists for 27 points and 29 penalty minutes.
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Coach

Blackhawks fans are going to like Dowell...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheAdsFan View Post
Blackhawks fans are going to like Dowell...
Could you elaborate on that please?
R.I.P #24
Old 07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLBLUEEYZ View Post
Could you elaborate on that please?
He's pretty much like Colin Fraser but doesn't fight as much and hits harder.
"The biggest message he gave me is you better make an impact in a game every night. If you haven't made an impact late in a game, if you haven't blocked a shot, made a big hit, had a goal, you'd better grab someone and fight someone to make sure everybody in that building knew you played that night."
- Zenon Konopka on his mentor/coach John Brophy