reception
Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > NHL Chat

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Off to the London Nationals vs the Strathroy Rockets game tonight ..

George Gross : At L.A. Kings/Toronto Game In 1970 ...
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Off to the London Knights vs the Ice Dogs tonight , on Sunday afternoon at 2 oc its off the the Beer Case to watch the Knights again then Sunday night its off to the home town Stars game , two games on Sunday , god I love this time of the year ..

Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince65 View Post
Off to the London Knights vs the Ice Dogs tonight , on Sunday afternoon at 2 oc its off the the Beer Case to watch the Knights again then Sunday night its off to the home town Stars game , two games on Sunday , god I love this time of the year ..
Wave if you see a TV camera. It's on the NHL Network here!

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Roberts For This Useful Post:
fansince65 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
Wave if you see a TV camera. It's on the NHL Network here!
Real hard for me to wave on camera , they always set the camera up right beside where I sit ..

The Knights ran their current win streak to 17 games last night with a 5-2 win , they can tie a team record on Sunday if they beat the Steelheads at home Sunday afternoon .
The longest win streak in the OHL-CHL belongs to the Kitchener Rangers at 25 games , the longest undefeated streak from the start of the season in all the OHL-CHL belongs to the London knights at 29-0-2-0 31 games , both impressive records ..

Last edited by fansince65; 12-08-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince65 View Post
Watched the game on TV last night as Sportsnet televised the game nationally. I was very impressed with the Knights they got a strong team and a lot of depth. The remind me of Halifax of the Q both teams just dominating their respective leagues. Halifax is a little more dynamic offensively while the Knights have a stronger top 6 on D. I made sure to keep a close on my the Penguins 2 Knights players in Harrington and Maata and liked what i saw from both. There was a couple of Ice Dogs who impressed me too like Richie and Strome.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following User Says Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
fansince65 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
Watched the game on TV last night as Sportsnet televised the game nationally. I was very impressed with the Knights they got a strong team and a lot of depth. The remind me of Halifax of the Q both teams just dominating their respective leagues. Halifax is a little more dynamic offensively while the Knights have a stronger top 6 on D. I made sure to keep a close on my the Penguins 2 Knights players in Harrington and Maata and liked what i saw from both. There was a couple of Ice Dogs who impressed me too like Richie and Strome.
Killah , the Knights have the advantage on most teams because they can roll four competitive lines , and have one of the best 6 man D in the league , their goal-tending tandem has been just phenomenal , put it all together and they are one hard team to beat .

Maatta is off to Finland today along with Zadorov , he is off to Russia both will join their junior team camps , some think Zadorov will not make the Russian team because he is only 17 years old , not me , I think just because he has the size (6-5 238 pounds ) and talent he will make the team .

Harrington will play tomorrow afternoon and be off to the Canadian selection camp after the game , he is projected to be the team captain , going to be one of the best teams Canada has put on the ice since the last NHL lockout , going to be fun to watch .

The Knight,s will have a tough time without their three best D-men gone for ten games , but they always find a way too win , this stretch over the Junior tourney is not an easy one ..

Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM
News Junkie

there is an OHL forum for London Knights ball licking...not everyone needs constant updates about them

OHL Forum

hell if you want i can make you a thread and stick it too
Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
there is an OHL forum for London Knights ball licking...not everyone needs constant updates about them

OHL Forum

hell if you want i can make you a thread and stick it too
If you had watched the game , it was televised on sports-net , maybe you just might have had an opinion on the game the same way Killah had , I cant help it if you are not watching any hockey this season ....

Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
News Junkie

I know it was, if you would actually go into the ohl forum you'd see that I noted it in the pf thread...sorry I had other plans on a friday night

Also I don't live in canada so it being on sportsnet doesn't mean **** unless its simulcast in the states
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
I know it was, if you would actually go into the ohl forum you'd see that I noted it in the pf thread...sorry I had other plans on a friday night

Also I don't live in canada so it being on sportsnet doesn't mean **** unless its simulcast in the states
The game was on NHL Network last night.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Roberts For This Useful Post:
fansince65 (12-09-2012), Killah_punk (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM
News Junkie

Again I know that i posted it...i was saying that just because its on sportsnet doesn't mean its always on nhl network
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Off to a double header today , the London knights game this afternoon , then to the St.Thomas Stars vs St. Mary's Lincoln's game at 7 oc tonight .

I love living in this hockey hotbed area , I have 10 teams in an hour-two hour drive from home , the weather has been perfect so far for road trips , am planing quite a few more this winter so I hope it stays that way , but I know I will get caught one of these times , after all this is Canada where the weather can change from hour to hour ..

Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Was going to a hockey game out of town , but freezing rain has changed my plans , guess I will just stay home and read a book ..

Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Thursday: PEI vs Halifax

Friday: Acadie-Bathurst vs Halifax

Both games QMJHL once again. Going to be a tough stretch for Halifax with the World Jrs coming up. They play 3 games in a row with a road game on Saturday and two games at home Thursday and Friday. The Mooseheads entire first line will be at selection camps this week. MacKinnon and Drouin for team Canada and Frk for the Czech Rep. Both MacKinnon and Drouin are 17 years old so both may be hard pressed to make Canada was they tend to select 18 and 19 year old's. MacKinnon should make the team thou he's just too good even for a younger player. Frk will no doubt make Cze as he was on the team 2 years ago and miss last years tournament with a concussion. In total between the 3 players it's a total of 138 points between the trio wit Halifax 30 games deep into the season. Probably the most lethal line in the league. Also all 3 players were on Halifax's first PP unit. On top of all that their best defenceman Konrad Abeltshauser is out with a wrist injury. Should be a good time to determine how much depth the team has.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following User Says Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
fansince65 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Friday - Mississippi Surge vs Fayetteville FireAntz

Saturday - Mississippi Surge vs Fayetteville FireAntz

Fayetteville is the last team I need to see in the SPHL.