Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > NHL Forums > NHL Chat

Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
The game was certainly disappointing from a Bruins perspective. But let's not act as though the Bruins are some impenetrable armada incapable of being beat on the ice and the scoreboard. They have had a number of disappointing games and poor showings over the years. And it was bound to happen again at some point. It isn't really a big deal. That said, if the Bruins don't respond to this game the next time these two teams play that will truly be sad. Needless to say I don't think that will happen.

Kudos to the Sabres. Everybody will talk about Vanek being the main factor in the victory, and rightfully so. However Scott going out there and beating Thornton early in the game truly set the tone and the Bruins never seemed to have a consistent response after that. That is a perfect example of the game within the game. Something a lot of current hockey fans really don't understand and sadly undervalue. It proved it's importance tonight.
100% agree on the tone being set by the early fight.

I'm not sure about McCormicks status (IR/finger), or when Kaleta is going to return, but adding those two would certainly add some entertainment value.
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The game was certainly disappointing from a Bruins perspective. But let's not act as though the Bruins are some impenetrable armada incapable of being beat on the ice and the scoreboard. They have had a number of disappointing games and poor showings over the years.
Now if you can get the fair share of the Boston fanbase to think and post as though... it will all come together.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
Now if you can get the fair share of the Boston fanbase to think and post as though... it will all come together.
Bruins fans are certainly not alone in that regard. There are several other teams with just as many (if not more) blind homers. Unfortunately that seems to be inevitable. You just have to do your best to ignore them.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
MattBurger (02-04-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Bruins fans are certainly not alone in that regard. There are several other teams with just as many (if not more) blind homers. Unfortunately that seems to be inevitable. You just have to do your best to ignore them.
I dunno it is hard to top them but there are certainly fanbases that are very competitive. Given that Boston won a Cup 2 years ago gives them the upper hand in terms of bragitivity. They deserved it last year and now must move on. If the Rangers won last year they would have the same lot of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to brawl lover For This Useful Post:
Jack Schitt (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
I dunno it is hard to top them but there are certainly fanbases that are very competitive. Given that Boston won a Cup 2 years ago gives them the upper hand in terms of bragitivity. They deserved it last year and now must move on. If the Rangers won last year they would have the same lot of them.
I remember way back when on this site there were a few other fan bases much larger and more obnoxious than Bruins fans. Of course it fluctuates over time and when a team is winning and having success the fans seem to come out of the woodwork.

Either way I try and do my best to ignore it. Most of the idiot fans are pretty obvious, and it truly isn't worth the time of day trying to argue or debate anything with them. It's like banging your head against a wall.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
grits207 (02-01-2013), Viper207 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I remember way back when on this site there were a few other fan bases much larger and more obnoxious than Bruins fans. Of course it fluctuates over time and when a team is winning and having success the fans seem to come out of the woodwork.

Either way I try and do my best to ignore it. Most of the idiot fans are pretty obvious, and it truly isn't worth the time of day trying to argue or debate anything with them. It's like banging your head against a wall.
I hear you and I also ignore it for the most part. I have a hard time even posting in the YSTB threads anymore. And that is on a fight by fight basis. Just look at the 2 John Scott fights. First he is a useless bum that is one fight from the AHL and fight 2 he is back to invincible.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Sabre's broadcasters have been saying Scott prevents things from happening just by being on the bench.... this time he scared MacDermid into not doing anything. I usually don't like when tough guys are on the ice at the end of the game but Boston is that type of team to last minute instigation. Good timeout.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Boston just blew this game , they had a comanding 3-1 lead and every one on the "D" just gave the game away , I counted 4 two on ones in the second period alone because one of the D was caught up ice , not one of their better defensive games , give credit to the Sabers , they took advantage of every chance they got ..

George Gross : At L.A. Kings/Toronto Game In 1970 ...
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Hall of Famer

There is nothing wrong with the timeout. If Boston does do something, Lindy would look like the dope who didn't do anything.

I hate Ruff, but he did what he thought was best for his team at the time.
blackngold (02-01-2013), farcyde21 (02-01-2013), Jack Schitt (02-01-2013), Viper207 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Listening to the radio this morning, I heard a bunch of whining from Bruins fans and media types about the time out being "disrespectful".

Wait.. Wut?

This - of all teams/ fanbases whining about this? Why was MacDermid out there?

What a strange turn of events that now it's the People in Boston clam morning for "revenge".

The 10 th should be fun.

Edit: Just heard it was that weasely little cheap shot artist Marchand who said it was "disrespectful".

This coming from the team who ran goalies, started line brawls with weak teams, and were generally bullies. Just STFU.

Apparently they can dish it out but can't take it.

Last edited by Jack Schitt; 02-01-2013 at 10:29 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
djaye (02-01-2013), hockey doc (02-01-2013), mikebflorida (02-01-2013), Phila26Flyers (02-04-2013), vznyisleszv (02-02-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrain15 View Post
I never get tired of the look on Emery's face during those fights.

Always brings a smile to my face.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Hall of Famer

What ever it takes to add more gasoline to the fire i am all for it. I thought this was a good move by Ruff. No need risking one of his better players getting roughed up in the final moments of the game.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following User Says Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
Lindros88 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Super All-Star

I think the timeout is actually a good sign - for Boston.

Boston has man-handled Buffalo so badly over the past few seasons, that Ruff felt the need to call a timeout with seconds remaining in a decided game just to put Scott and Foligno on the ice. He was afraid that Boston was going to bully his team again. This move proves beyond a doubt that the Bruins are in his head. Not a good sign when your coach is doing stuff like that.

Buffalo won this round of the battle, but obviously there's a lot of hockey left to be played between these teams. The Bruins will get the last word, so celebrate while you can Lindy.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Surprisingly smart move by lindy. The bruins love to do cheap **** at the end. I recall lucic going after mcdonaugh twice on two seperate occasions at the and of the game

Last edited by lilburtis9363; 02-01-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post
I think the timeout is actually a good sign - for Boston.

Boston has man-handled Buffalo so badly over the past few seasons, that Ruff felt the need to call a timeout with seconds remaining in a decided game just to put Scott and Foligno on the ice. He was afraid that Boston was going to bully his team again. This move proves beyond a doubt that the Bruins are in his head. Not a good sign when your coach is doing stuff like that.

Buffalo won this round of the battle, but obviously there's a lot of hockey left to be played between these teams. The Bruins will get the last word, so celebrate while you can Lindy.
Nice spin 29! Lmao! Way to make ice cream out of dog ****! For whatever reason Julien put MacDermid out there. When Scott hit the ice he was effectively neutered. I completely understand you trying to find a positive ... even if it is complete bull**** .
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
djaye (02-01-2013), Killah_punk (02-01-2013), mikebflorida (02-01-2013), NickDoh (02-01-2013), Phila26Flyers (02-04-2013), Rampage76 (02-02-2013), RetardedChimp (02-01-2013), T-Wild76 (02-04-2013), vznyisleszv (02-02-2013)