Right Choice 22 66.67%
Wrong Choice 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
News Junkie

Evgeni Malkin (PIT) Wins Hart Trophy

HART TROPHY

Winner: Evgeni Malkin

Malkin, the star Pittsburgh Penguins forward, beat out a loaded field to take the MVP award. Malkin reached 50 goals and topped 100 points (109) this season to carry the Penguins for long stretches -- especially through the injury-related absence of Sidney Crosby.

It was a performance deemed good enough by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association to put him ahead of goalie Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Tampa bay's Steven Stamkos. Lundqvist won the Vezina for his dominance in goal and Stamkos scored a League-best 60 goals to take home the Maurice Richard Trophy.

Last edited by chilly; 06-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Right choice between the two nominees, he really took over for the team that wasn't suppose to survive Crosby's absence (according to media anyway).
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
HART TROPHY

Winner: Evgeni Malkin

Malkin, the star Pittsburgh Penguins forward, beat out a loaded field to take the MVP award. Malkin reached 50 goals and topped 100 points (109) this season to carry the Penguins for long stretches -- especially through the injury-related absence of Sidney Crosby.

It was a performance deemed good enough by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association to put him ahead of goalie Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Tampa bay's Steven Stamkos. Lundqvist won the Vezina for his dominance in goal and Stamkos scored a League-best 60 goals to take home the Maurice Richard Trophy.
Hank carried the Rangers on his back!

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack View Post
And obviously didn't get the job done!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnucklesNilan For This Useful Post:
TheBeast1287 (06-21-2012), V12_Bi-Turbo (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Hall of Famer

The moment when people should have think about giving this trophy to Malkin instead of Hank was the Sid absence and Malkins effort that time

Right choice. He is the best player in the World right now
You don't cheapshot one of my players like that, it doesn't make any sense. Fight a guy straight up, whoever wins, wins, but at the end of the day respect yourself for being a fair player and a fair fighter.
The Sheriff
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Best player in the World this past season further enforced by his proformance at the WHC when he continued to dominate. Well deserved for a player who has been the runner up for the Hart twice. I knew Bigjack was going to come in here and cry about Lundqvist. Just to rub some salt into those wounds Jack, Malkin managed to score 8 points in 6 games against Hank.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
RetardedChimp (06-21-2012), thepolishkid88 (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Hard to argue his skills and value to his team but he's one of the dirtiest players in the league and gets away with more sh1t than you can shake a stick at.

He's hardly deserving of any awards, he deserves to be treated like all other players and get suspended for his actions on the ice but the league hugs his nuts and proclaims him to be their "star player" along with the whiney Crosby who is also a great player but has his own issues.

These are the stars? The MVP's?

This league has fallen really far, really fast and the hipocrisy is just staggering.

Congrats you mongoloid fock, now clean up your game and stop hurting people and you might earn my respect!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
Hard to argue his skills and value to his team but he's one of the dirtiest players in the league and gets away with more sh1t than you can shake a stick at.

He's hardly deserving of any awards, he deserves to be treated like all other players and get suspended for his actions on the ice but the league hugs his nuts and proclaims him to be their "star player" along with the whiney Crosby who is also a great player but has his own issues.

This league has fallen really far, really fast and the hipocrisy is just staggering.

Congrats you mongoloid fock, now clean up your game and stop hurting people and you might earn my respect!

I am sure he cares about some random guy on a hockey message board.

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Roberts For This Useful Post:
V12_Bi-Turbo (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
"There was no better player in the League this year," said Stamkos, the winner of the Rocket Richard Trophy for scoring a League-best 60 goals. "We saw it firsthand with the way he dominated us."

Lundqvist agreed.

"Malkin deserved it," the Rangers goalie said. "He was outstanding this year and really dominated for a long time."
Link
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Hall of Famer

What did you think they'd say? "this is bullsh!t"??
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack View Post
OK...and so did Malkin, Stamkos, and Quick. Honestly Quick was way more important that Henrik but I know he's playing in NY so he's better then Marty or Roy.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklesNilan View Post
And obviously didn't get the job done!!
I am pretty sure the Rangers finished first in the east this year and missed first overall by a couple points. You do know this is an award for the regular season right?

Having said that, I think this was the correct and obvious choice.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So because the refs and league don't call him for things, he can't be the most valuable player to his team? I don't see the logic in that.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
but I know he's playing in NY so he's better then Marty or Roy.

Couldn't of typed it better myself!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiddYidd For This Useful Post:
NJDevils17 (06-21-2012), thepolishkid88 (06-22-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Yes...yes...let the hate flow!

Even though I totally agree he's a dirty player, last I checked, they don't deduct points for being dirty if you're putting up the numbers to be considered for the MVP. If that was the case, then guys like Messier would have been disqualified too, because he certainly wasn't above a cheap shot or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8954 View Post
What did you think they'd say? "this is bullsh!t"??
True, but he also won the Lindsay Award, which speaks for itself.
Killah_punk (06-22-2012)

Tags
2012, evgeni malkin, hart trophy, pittsburgh penguins, winner