View Poll Results: WCQF Series Winner
Phoenix Wins Series 44 41.90%
Chicago Wins Series 61 58.10%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
If you take a look at about the :03-:05 mark you see Hossa's head go from straight, to really far forward, to really far back in a matter of seconds. What it looked like to me is a bad crash in NASCAR or Indy where the head is jerked really far forward and snapped back from a violent collision.

Looks pretty clear in there as well that its his shoulder that gets him, and the hit isnt so much the problem as the distance and force with which he jumps as Hossa. That's a Matt Cooke type hit right there.
I agree he left his feet, and it was a cheap hit. Just not so sure about the huge hit to the head. I could be wrong, never said i knew for sure. I still don't see it. Thank you for acting with class with your post though.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
I agree he left his feet, and it was a cheap hit. Just not so sure about the huge hit to the head. I could be wrong, never said i knew for sure. I still don't see it. Thank you for acting with class with your post though.
i would say that if you pause it between :10 and :11, you see Hossa looking for a hot dog vendor.

Reach beyond the sun.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Just thought explaining what I see would help you see what I see.
BobNystromOwnsU (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majew17 View Post
And Rassner and Nystrom dont see that,tools

I'm sorry my eyes didn't see the EXACT same thing your's did. With the way you handled this thread, though, you're the tool.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
If you take a look at about the :03-:05 mark you see Hossa's head go from straight, to really far forward, to really far back in a matter of seconds. What it looked like to me is a bad crash in NASCAR or Indy where the head is jerked really far forward and snapped back from a violent collision.

Looks pretty clear in there as well that its his shoulder that gets him, and the hit isnt so much the problem as the distance and force with which he jumps as Hossa. That's a Matt Cooke type hit right there.
Yeah the whip lash effect is the same in a car wreck. The speed Torres came in on Hossa at would jar anyones head back regardless of hitting the head directly or not.

Hossa had his head down got rolled on by someone coming at him a lot faster. Now, I am not sure if Torres was targeting the head, nor am I sure if he did make contact with the head, but he came in with his shoulder, albiet leaving his feet, the hit itself was clean.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
News Junkie

Quote:
You're ridiculous. If you didn't work so much for this board for free, they would've run your pathetic, miserable ass off long ago. The way you treat everybody who disagrees with you is insane. You homer douche.
really? im not miserable, you and rasner are just blind as ****!
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruby View Post
i would say that if you pause it between :10 and :11, you see Hossa looking for a hot dog vendor.
I'm not looking at where his head went, I'm looking for contact to the head. Like MIke Tython said, it doesn't matter, he left his feet.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Hall of Famer

Was wondering why Bollig went to Chipchura and not Biznasty in 1st scrum. Bollig needed better response on Hossa hit,Bollig should have given Torres his own personal game misconduct.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm not looking at where his head went, I'm looking for contact to the head. Like MIke Tython said, it doesn't matter, he left his feet.
alright then:

Quote:
i would say that if you pause it between :10 and :11, you see Hossa looking for a hot dog vendor... because he got hit right in the face.
how's that?

Reach beyond the sun.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
really? im not miserable, you and rasner are just blind as ****!
You're miserable. But thank god you have 0 life and work for free. You won't get banned like you should be.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm sorry my eyes didn't see the EXACT same thing your's did. With the way you handled this thread, though, you're the tool.
Done with you,dont bother
News Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRasner View Post
Now, I am not sure if Torres was targeting the head, nor am I sure if he did make contact with the head, but he came in with his shoulder, albiet leaving his feet, the hit itself was clean.
how can you say that he left his feet (which is not a part of a clean hit), but then say it was a clean hit?

you're nothing but a blind homer...hordibrusk who is a yotes fan, even says it was a dirty hit.

that's a truly unbiased opinion
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRasner View Post
Yeah the whip lash effect is the same in a car wreck. The speed Torres came in on Hossa at would jar anyones head back regardless of hitting the head directly or not.

Hossa had his head down got rolled on by someone coming at him a lot faster. Now, I am not sure if Torres was targeting the head, nor am I sure if he did make contact with the head, but he came in with his shoulder, albiet leaving his feet, the hit itself was clean.
I think regardless of him targeting the head or not he was coming at a guy that he really didn't need to hit, he did what Matt Cooke would do. He justed wanted to hit him. The whole end where he launches himself is pretty weak IMO, if he wanted to hit him thats bad but putting all your energy into it is even worse.

I'm just looking at this and thinking he could have let up and avoided the entire situation and proably still would have won the puck regardless.
ScottRasner (04-17-2012), thruby (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Who knew my simple little opinion would cause such disgust among the hawks brigade? Are their fans always this angry? well, except for Chilly, we know he's pathetic and miserable.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Who knew my simple little opinion would cause such disgust among the hawks brigade? Are their fans always this angry? well, except for Chilly, we know he's pathetic and miserable.
do you want me to hold your hand while i tell you you are wrong?

Reach beyond the sun.