Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_goon View Post
shoot bro what kinda powerade do you drink? haha
It's amazing the amount of sugar these guys that drink powerade consume per game. Ill drink maybe 1 25 ounce bottle which will get you going a little but these guys are refilling their bottles at least 3 or 4 times a game. When you add it all up, thats a lot of sugar.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssen25 View Post
Pretty sure Daneyko never had an issue with Cocaine. His issue was with alcholol and he admitted to being an alcoholic.
(just random info, so don't judge me)

Daneyko did LOTS of cocaine. a friend of mine almost got into a fight with Daneyko once. they were both at their dealer's place and the dealer actually broke it up. i love Daneyko, but its a good thing he didn't fight this guy. this guy would have really hurt him.

i indulge every once in a while (weddings!) and out here in LA my dealer is a huge Kings fan with season tickets. he's also good 'friends' with another client, Sean Avery.

^none of the above is meant to malign any player. i think hockey has as much cocaine use as any other sport. you throw a lot of money at young single guys and the cocaine use come along.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerpunch View Post
Yeah I know... it didn't stipulate alcohol in his case, the article is about substance abuse, that includes the boooooooze.
Yeah i realized it was a substance abuse list afterwards. Initially I just saw "Here are some official NHL cokeheads:" before the list and saw Daneyko.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Minor Leaguer

yah all these guys are correct with their name dropping... I dont like to do it myself, but my buddy blew it up with raffi after a game in calgary last year, up till 7 am outside some apartment.... too many NHLers are addicted and scared to admit it, we will only see more suicides and what not from guys not getting the help they need.... FIRE BETTMAN NOW, hes an asshole that doesnt get it....
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Hall of Famer

I totally forgot about Karalahti. I knew I liked the guy for a reason!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Minor Leaguer

the reason why coke is so popular with athletes is that it can be cleansed from the system within a day or two...........no traces left if you work out hard and have an active life style.

it is a never ending battle
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Didn't Brian McGrattan have a problem with blow.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades29 View Post
I totally forgot about Karalahti. I knew I liked the guy for a reason!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diablo For This Useful Post:
blades29 (09-02-2011), brookbanktuff (09-02-2011), OilersHockey (09-03-2011), SirYohans (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Every man has his poison.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo View Post
Sure looks like him! Gettin' at'r good and proper.

I can only assume that Karalahti doesnt play hockey anymore... anywhere?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
News Junkie

karalahti is playing in finland (at least was last year)
The Following User Says Thank You to chilly For This Useful Post:
blades29 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio106 View Post
So, if you believe half the crap that goes around here in Ottawa, a sizeable percentage of the Sens squad does a lot of cocaine. At the very least, it seems to be the first thing people associate with Wade Redden these days.

Is there a lot of coke in the NHL? How many players/teams have a serious cocaine issue in the league? I'm curious if this is only a Sens phenomenon, which I doubt. I hear about drug charges in every other pro sports league, but it's been surprisingly mum in Hockey.
Oh Yeah. I'm sure there are tons of using among players that's never discovered and/or never reported. Like someone said earlier, when you have young people with alot of money that like to go to clubs/bars, there's gonna be plenty of snow and booze in that picture. Unlike some other sports though, I noticed that the NHL does a really good job of keeping their coke cases on a hush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerpunch View Post
Well yeah, if you get your credible information from crappy hockey blogs.

There may be a couple of guys on every team doing coke, but you realize that most teams have testing. Redden and Emery have been rumored to do coke, but highly doubt it's a team epidemic. If it was, you'd expect the Sens to have performed at a much higher level, after all, it's an enhancer.

Here are some official NHL cokeheads:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/s/2001/0228/1116704.html

NHL substance-abuse history
ESPN.com

The NHL's Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program was created in 1996. Under the policy, players may voluntarily participate without penalty. Previously, players were suspended automatically for alcohol or drug use. Terms of the suspension were at the commissioner's discretion.

Following is a list of notable players who have either been suspended or have had an encounter with the NHL's policy in its various forms.

Jan. 23, 2000
Kevin Stevens: New York Rangers winger arrested in a suburban St. Louis motel for felony drug possession of crack cocaine and is admitted to the NHL's treatment program. It is the second time he has been a participant. "I was involved before this happened," Stevens told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I had been sober for 18 months." Stevens missed the remainder of the season and signed as a free agent with the Philadelphia Flyers on July 7.

Feb. 28, 2001
Theo Fleury: New York Rangers winger voluntarily enrolled in the NHL program. According to a Sports Illustrated report, Fleury sought help from the same program after the 1999-2000 season.
This is a perfect example. I remember when Theo Fleury got busted. He was having a great season and then immediately after a game where he was a healthy scratch one night late in the season, BAM! the announcers were like - "We just got word that Theo Fleury will not be with the team for the remainder of the season due to personal reasons." I was like WTF? It was a few days later that the story started to leak a bit and I read that he has checked himself into the NHL's Substance Abuse Program and will not be with the team. Yet still no details about what he did or what it was for.

Then I started to dig a lil further out of curiosity and got the scoop. He was busted with possesion of crack cocaine and a prostitute in some hotel room. The funny thing was that Kevin Stevens was with him that night but got extremely lucky he wasn't in the room when they raided it. And I'm not gonna do the research right now, but I'm almost positive that the Rangers had played the Blues in St. Louis like a day before this happened. So considering that Kevin Stevens had a bust in St. Louis the year before, it was probably his downtown St. Louis coke and poon connections that he turned Theo onto.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
News Junkie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
karalahti is playing in finland (at least was last year)
he just signed with Dinamo Minsk (KHL)
The Following User Says Thank You to chilly For This Useful Post:
blades29 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Nothing wrong with a little Coke to liven up a party.
With a wealth of disappointment stacking high. On a foundation built on who's to blame. It's leveled when you find the victims. And the perpetrators are one in the same. And I'm standing on the edge of oblivion, Standing on the edge of oblivion. And I'll put my best foot forward, Put my best foot forward. - The Briggs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lakingsfan19 For This Useful Post:
blades29 (09-02-2011), SirYohans (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:

It's him at some Bandidos clubhouse