dependent

View Poll Results: Who Will Win 2012-13 Vezina Trophy
Sergei Bobrovsky 31 88.57%
Henrik Lundqvist 3 8.57%
Antti Niemi 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Should be Bob but playing in the hockey hinterlands hurts him. Lundqvist is the winner and not a bad choice.
bigjack (05-09-2013)
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Super All-Star

Ok

I could see Hank Getting this again. I think Bobo will get it even though I never will understand in sports how anyone gets awards like this when their teams doesnt make the playoffs. With or with out Bobo Columbus does not make the playoffs, so how great was he? Sort of like A-rod winning MVP on last place Texas...yep he was so important to that team they came in dead last. Sort of like Lebron this year...Its called the MVP award not the best player in the league award. Carmelo was 1000 times more important to the Knicks than Lebron was to the star studded heat, case closed. Same goes for Durant. Heat without a doubt make the playoffs without Lebron, Knicks...hahahahaha not even close.

And listen I know it is for best goalie but the best goalie in the league should carry his team to the playoffs, no?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plateworker View Post
I could see Hank Getting this again. I think Bobo will get it even though I never will understand in sports how anyone gets awards like this when their teams doesnt make the playoffs. With or with out Bobo Columbus does not make the playoffs, so how great was he? Sort of like A-rod winning MVP on last place Texas...yep he was so important to that team they came in dead last. Sort of like Lebron this year...Its called the MVP award not the best player in the league award. Carmelo was 1000 times more important to the Knicks than Lebron was to the star studded heat, case closed. Same goes for Durant. Heat without a doubt make the playoffs without Lebron, Knicks...hahahahaha not even close.

And listen I know it is for best goalie but the best goalie in the league should carry his team to the playoffs, no?
NO. The award is not a team award. If a guy goes 0-82, but leads the league in GAA and save percentage, he should win the Vezina still.
"Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you. Remember that....when you come to play the game"..........Little finger
The Following User Says Thank You to cookie monster For This Useful Post:
LGR33 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Columbus may have missed the playoffs but they only finished one point behind the Rangers.

Bob gets it.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Bob for the Vezina. How Rask wasn't even nominated is a total head scratcher!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Bobs numbers don't lie, G.A.A 2.00 was better then Hank. His save pct .932 also better then Hank. Bob was the best goalie this season regardless of his teams poor showings. The Jackets ranked 25th in goals scored so even as brilliant as Bob was, it still wasn't enough. If your team don't score, you can't win.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (05-09-2013), I_am_Belak_2 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack View Post
Not surprised that Hank is there again after another solid year with little help from his teammates! He is 3rd alltime in the history of the NHL with a career .921 save% and is the best of all the active goalies. Save% is the best stat to look and he is the best today!
Now if he had a team that could score some goals we might see some Cups in NY!
He carried the Rangers down the stretch to make the playoffs and that is the key!
Columbus did not make the playoffs!
Quote:

At the end of the day, Columbus tied for 8th place. If they wouldn't have played that bitch Mason so much in the beginning, they would be in forsure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Crunch28 For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (05-09-2013)

Tags
2012-13, antti niemi, columbus blue jackets, finalists, henrik lundqvist, new york rangers, san jose sharks, sergei bobrovsky, vezina trophy