Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Pro

Kurtis MacDermid

How good of a player might MacDermid become at the next level? I guess I'm asking if he has a chance to make the Kings as a bottom pairing shutdown/tough guy.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Super All-Star

I don't see more than a handful of OS games a year but I'll take a stab here. He's got the contract so that's a good start but I think he'll be in tough to make it at the next level. He has no offense to his game at all but he's strong defensively and is getting decent minutes on a good team in the Attack.

The tough thing for him will be the amount of depth that the Kings have in front of him. He'll probably do an OA year and then maybe some time in the ECHL too. He just has to hop over a lot of guys who are above him on the depth chart
Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Pro

Appreciate the response.

The Kings have defenseman but not too many like Kurtis. He would play that third pair shutdown physical role like Matt Greene.

The Kings also signed Roach of the Hitman for the same role.

I'm hoping he makes it because the Kings D is pretty soft with no one to help fight.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Super All-Star

Yeah I haven't seen him but I hear Roach is a beast. I hope MacDermid can make it in a similar role to Greene, he has the genes for it too.

The Leafs have a prospect playing at UND, Andrew MacWilliam, who I hope can get a contract and make the team doing the same thing somewhere down the line