Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM
News Junkie

Rebels Send Charles Inglis Home

RED DEER, AB Brent Sutter, Owner/President/General Manager of the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club, announced today they have sent 20-year old forward Charles Inglis home where he will await a trade.

Inglis is in his fifth year in the Western Hockey League. He came to the Rebels in a trade with the Prince George Cougars in December of 2011.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilly666 For This Useful Post:
HordiBrusk29 (11-15-2012), whltips (11-15-2012)
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Hall of Famer

This dip**** can't stay out of trouble, or what?

Can't stand this guy at all. I have made that clear through the years, I think.
brookbanktuff (11-14-2012), ryan whl fan (11-14-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 AM
General Manager

Yeah, there is very little to like about Inglis. That said, I enjoyed him as a rookie. Back then he didn't act so cocky and seemed willing to drop the mitts on a more frequent basis. But his ego has certainly grown and he has been unable to be a good team player long term.

I wonder if a team like Edmonton takes a chance on him? They do have an open overage slot.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
Yeah, there is very little to like about Inglis. That said, I enjoyed him as a rookie. Back then he didn't act so cocky and seemed willing to drop the mitts on a more frequent basis. But his ego has certainly grown and he has been unable to be a good team player long term.

I wonder if a team like Edmonton takes a chance on him? They do have an open overage slot.
I dealt with him and his billets on a business level when he was a 16 year old. His billets were great people- nice, friendly- he was the pecker head. Told me how to do my job and what I can and can't do. It was kinda funny. Saw his last name and knew he played junior hockey right away.
Full on dip****. That said, you'd rather have him on your team than play against him...
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades29 View Post
That said, you'd rather have him on your team than play against him...
Not if he's going to be a locker room cancer. He's burned one too many bridges around the league. First Saskatoon, then Prince George and now Red Deer. I figure some other team will give him a chance simply because he can be an impact player when he wants to be. The problem with him is between the ears.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
brookbanktuff (11-15-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
Not if he's going to be a locker room cancer. He's burned one too many bridges around the league. First Saskatoon, then Prince George and now Red Deer. I figure some other team will give him a chance simply because he can be an impact player when he wants to be. The problem with him is between the ears.
No I understand what your saying. But on ice he is a pain in the ass. Off the ice he is just a moron... Well maybe a bit on the ice too...
ryan whl fan (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM
General Manager

He's certainly a pain in the ass to play against no doubt. But I think a few teams will shy away from picking him up due to his character flaws. For an already good team, adding someone like him to the mix could cause more harm than good. But we'll have to wait and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
blades29 (11-16-2012)