Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 AM
General Manager

Blazers Jordan DePape Retires

Kamloops, BC – Kamloops Blazers 20-year-old forward Jordan DePape’s WHL career has been ended by a shoulder injury.

After consultation with doctors and family, DePape has elected to have surgery. The 6’0” 194lb forward will return home to Winnipeg for surgery and recovery. The Winnipeg native is expected to make a full recovery and resume his hockey career next season.

DePape played parts of four seasons with the Kamloops Blazers after being acquired from the Brandon Wheat Kings via trade in December 2009. DePape played 120 games with the Blazers totalling 98 points. In 142 WHL games, DePape totalled 106 points.

For every year of hockey played with a WHL Club, a WHL Graduate Player is guaranteed one year of post-secondary tuition, textbook and administrative expenses at a post-secondary institution of their choice. DePape has earned five years of WHL scholarship money and is expected to attend and play hockey at the University of Manitoba starting next season.

The Kamloops Blazers organization would like to thank Jordan for his time with the franchise. Jordan will always be considered a Blazer and we wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors.
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Content Team

Can you clear this up Hordi? Is Depape retired? Or simply done with his WHL career? Your thread title says one thing and the PR says another.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 AM
General Manager

He's retiring from hockey. He plans on going to school.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
caps05 (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HordiBrusk29 View Post
He's retiring from hockey. He plans on going to school.
I was referring to this line:

Quote:
The Winnipeg native is expected to make a full recovery and resume his hockey career next season.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps05 View Post
I was referring to this line:
I have no idea what that means. Sounds like an inaccurate statement. DePape is an overage player and not drafted or signed. Unless some pro team signs him next season he won't be playing hockey again. From what I've heard playing hockey isn't in his future plans.
The Following User Says Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
caps05 (11-18-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 AM
General Manager

According to Gregg Drinnan:

Quote:
If things work out the way DePape hopes, he will have surgery, attend the University of Manitoba and take criminology, and then go on to a career as a police officer. If his health will allow it, he might even play hockey for the Bisons. Yes, there still is the hope of a pro career but he knows it is only a glimmer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HordiBrusk29 For This Useful Post:
avamania2003 (11-19-2012), brookbanktuff (11-19-2012), ryan whl fan (11-19-2012)