View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 PM
News Junkie

Havoc Re-Sign Stuart Stefan; Sign Chris Stansik

HUNTSVILLE, AL Huntsville Havoc head coach Glenn Detulleo has re-signed forward Stuart Stefan and signed rookie defenseman Chris Stansik.

Im really excited to have Stuart back for the upcoming season, Detulleo said. Stuart consistently got better over the course of the season and was one of our best players in the playoffs. I expect him to start the season where he left off and play a huge role for us both offensively and defensively.

Stefan scored nine goals and recorded 18 assists in 43 games during his rookie season with the Havoc last season. The Delhi, Ontario native added one goal and had four assists in five playoff games. He scored 54 goals and recorded 56 assists in four seasons at Castleton State College.

I'm really excited to come back to Huntsville next year, Stefan said. Its a great place to play and we get great support from our fans. Im really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Stansik just finished his career at Adrian College where he scored 33 goals and added 99 assists in 113 career games. He was a +142 in his four years at Adrian. The Livonia, Michigan was a two-time Division III All-American and a four-time All-MCHA Defenseman. He was the third highest scoring defenseman in Division III last season.

Chris just finished up a great college career and we will be looking for him to bring that same leadership and competitiveness to the pro game here for the Havoc, Havoc assistant coach Jordan Little said.

I am happy to further my hockey career and am grateful Huntsville has given me this opportunity, Stansik said. Im looking forward to doing whatever I can to help the team win.