View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Coach

I don't mind the news at all today - they're just tryout offers, whats the harm?

Not that I expect either of them to stick though - too bad it wasn't 5 years ago. Nolan, I don't doubt still has the heart and the temperment, but I just don't see the legs being able to keep up with the action, even if its even in a third or fourth role. And Fedoruk didn't even play anywhere last year and last we saw is just a shell of his former self.

But, who knows - maybe a year off has done wonders for his health and his head and he comes back this fall with a renewed robust energy. Never know what some of these guys can do with a second chance like this. New life.

Overall, I see it as a positive thing - Gillis knows he can't sit on the lineup the way it is and has recognized the need to toughen up. These guys may not be the answers, but the need for toughness has been acknowledged and I see it as a step in the right direction.

Like others here, I wonder if this will put to death the Winchester rumours. From what I've read and heard, the interest may have been more on Winchester's part and less the Canucks, but guess we'll have to wait and see.

- The Duke of Wellington after the Battle of Waterloo, June 18, 1815.
The Following User Says Thank You to canuckfan For This Useful Post:
FurnaceFace (08-04-2011)